Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally give up on OEL? (REP!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Finally give up on OEL? (REP!)

H2H semi-keeper. Roster & settings in sig.

Some available blueliners right now include:

- I. Provorov
    - O. Klefbom
    - D. Nurse

Both Provorov and Nurse are a little tempting. Provorov's numbers will probably dip again when Ghost returns.

I could also grab a third goaltender....

- R. Miller
    - A. Khudobin
    - P. Grubauer
    - M. Neuvirth
    - J. Reimer
    - C. Ward

What move(s) do you make if you're in my shoes, and why? Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Finally give up on OEL? (REP!)

This is tough. In your format none of the guys you have listed are a significant improvement on OEL. I'm not blown away by any of the goalie options you have listed either. This is just not a good time to cut bait on OEL. I don't envy his owners! However, if you have had enough, I'd take a shot with Provorov.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At this point, gotta at least wait till the trade deadline. If he ends up going to TOR or PIT, that would be much better than any of those WW substitutes.

The Great One

Your stats dont even reward extra goalie starts (aka no saves)- so I wouldnt even bother that wayeither. id keep OEL. Hey- he scotred a goal the other night!! Maybe hes turning it around!!

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't think it's worth making the move right now. He's your bench option anyhow at this point, and even though I don't think he gets traded at the deadline, I do think he's going to rebound at least a bit to be at least on par with your other options. That +/- though is just a killer.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

All those giving up on OEL will be kicking themselves. Just a premonition I have.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    All those giving up on OEL will be kicking themselves. Just a premonition I have.
    To be fair, the OP is in a limited keeper. I don't see OEL cracking his top 6. But yeah, if he drops OEL...I'm sure somebody else will jump on him and take a chance...

Dobber Sports Genius

If OEL gets traded I'm confident he will finish strong. Something just not right in the desert for him. Hang on to him until the deadline, if he isn't moved then dump city. I know I will.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Doubting the Yotes give up on OEL so fast... but if there's a move, It'd come in the offseason where they can maximize his return and other teams have more flexibility under the cap. With more limited buyers and cap space issues, it makes a deal harder to get done and you don't get a max return on a blue chip d-man.

I'm seriously hoping I'm wrong as an OEL owner, and being forced to hold. If only he could go to Toronto... how money would OEL be on that blue line? I can dream right?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Doubting the Yotes give up on OEL so fast... but if there's a move, It'd come in the offseason where they can maximize his return and other teams have more flexibility under the cap. With more limited buyers and cap space issues, it makes a deal harder to get done and you don't get a max return on a blue chip d-man.

I'm seriously hoping I'm wrong as an OEL owner, and being forced to hold. If only he could go to Toronto... how money would OEL be on that blue line? I can dream right?
    Right there dreaming along side you!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I kind of agree. I dont get stubborn on a lot of Dmen. Hopefully this time pays off...

Dobber Sports Novice

I am waiting until after the trade deadline. I don't see anything happening, but would be miserable if he were moved and I had dropped him. I have been trying to trade him on name alone but no one is buying. Surely if he is dropped, someone will pounce on him. Just know you are not alone!

Dobber Sports Pro

They have to trade him sometime in the next year, right? If he wants a Cup why in a million years would he resign with Arizona after his contract is up? That team is eons away from contending and he's an elite dman in his prime. If they trade him next season he'll be deemed a rental and they'll get half of what they'd get at this deadline or this summer IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Omg back to back games with 1 pt in each. SELL HIGH. Signed, another disappointed OEL owner.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    They have to trade him sometime in the next year, right? If he wants a Cup why in a million years would he resign with Arizona after his contract is up? That team is eons away from contending and he's an elite dman in his prime. If they trade him next season he'll be deemed a rental and they'll get half of what they'd get at this deadline or this summer IMO.
    Chayka seems competent when it comes to asset management, so I would expect that if the contract extension isn't there he'll find a deal.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso