Thread: Midseason Guide

I...am your father.

Default Midseason Guide

Hey guys, this is out now. You can pick it up here:
    http://dobbersports.com/product/dobb...ey-guide-2018/

I was wondering what you think? And also looking for any errors or typos or suggestions.

I did make some typo fixes and while I was in there I adjusted Hedman. Also added PDF bookmarks. Just those changes. I'll be posting the update soon, may not be worth another download unless your a stickler, but it's there if you need it!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Default Re: Midseason Guide

I posted the update. I also put some screen shots in the shop so you can see what you're getting.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Haven't purchased yet, but just wanted to say it's nice to see you post on the forums.

Stay strong.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

HEY dobber, Is This not included for those who purchased the fantasy pack? I was looking forward to this but don’t see it in my available downloads.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    HEY dobber, Is This not included for those who purchased the fantasy pack? I was looking forward to this but don’t see it in my available downloads.
    If you go to your downloads, and then scroll to the bottom, it will show you your purchases and what each one includes. If you bought it, it should be available for you to download.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    My recollection is that the fantasy pack includes the rookie guide and season guide; I've always had to purchase the mid-season guide separately if i wanted it in the past.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    My recollection is that the fantasy pack includes the rookie guide and season guide; I've always had to purchase the mid-season guide separately if i wanted it in the past.
    Maybe you’re right Alsrevenge. I thought it was included in the past but maybe I’m mistaken.

I...am your father.

It was included only in the Ultimate Pack, but I had to pull the Ultimate from the store because I couldn't promise a Midseason Guide. Keeper Pack just includes the two guides (prospects and preseason)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    It was included only in the Ultimate Pack, but I had to pull the Ultimate from the store because I couldn't promise a Midseason Guide. Keeper Pack just includes the two guides (prospects and preseason)
    Thanks Dobber. I recall this now.

The pack I got had the Draft list, Prospects and Season guide. That would be the keeper pack correct? Tks.

I just bought the Mid Season so all is good.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just grabbed it, no projections for goalies other than starting percentage?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey Dobber,
    I purchased it and it looks good. I had read that the stats were going to be uploaded to fantasyhockeygeek.com so we could use our own scoring systems to Generate New Rankngs for the 2nd half, for our given leagues.. just as we could do with the 2017-18 projected pts back in the fall for our drafts. But I don't see the 2nd half projections in the dropdown.

Help?

I too was wondering if there could be goaltender projections. That would be super helpful.

As the other poster said, it's good to see you back writing and posting.

Thanks,

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by hatters88 View Post
    Hey Dobber,
    I purchased it and it looks good. I had read that the stats were going to be uploaded to fantasyhockeygeek.com so we could use our own scoring systems to Generate New Rankngs for the 2nd half, for our given leagues.. just as we could do with the 2017-18 projected pts back in the fall for our drafts. But I don't see the 2nd half projections in the dropdown.

Help?

I too was wondering if there could be goaltender projections. That would be super helpful.

As the other poster said, it's good to see you back writing and posting.

Thanks,
    Thanks
    They are in the Geek system, but you have to make sure you buy the Geek Regular SEason Toolkit (not just the Geek Draft Kit). There is a coupon code for the Toolkit in the MSG

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Just grabbed it, no projections for goalies other than starting percentage?
    I love the percentage, I think that's very telling (Ian did them). To project goalie wins I would just take that percentage...Midseason Guide is such a hard magazine to put together because it's all done in a week (in terms of editing and projections) to be as up to date as possible. To add goalie wins in there, when they're not going to change much from the pace (unless the aforementioned percentage changes significantly) I'd just hate to add that added time. I could though

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I love the percentage, I think that's very telling (Ian did them). To project goalie wins I would just take that percentage...Midseason Guide is such a hard magazine to put together because it's all done in a week (in terms of editing and projections) to be as up to date as possible. To add goalie wins in there, when they're not going to change much from the pace (unless the aforementioned percentage changes significantly) I'd just hate to add that added time. I could though
    Hah, no it's all good. I'm just lazy.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster