Thread: Sprong a sell high?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sprong a sell high?

Should I try and cash in on the perceived value of Sprong right now? Given he is playing with Crosby?

I'm competing this year and he wouldn't be a keeper

Or soak up his production ROS? Speaking of which, do we think he'll be a valuable asset?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sprong a sell high?

Really depends what you can get for him. Any more details?
    If you can't keep him and can upgrade, what's stopping you?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Really depends what you can get for him. Any more details?
    If you can't keep him and can upgrade, what's stopping you?
    We only have 10 keepers and he wouldn't make the cut... I would try and shop him to teams out of the race

What's stopping me is him actually contributing to me competing this year... I have nothing to lose .. I added him as a FA, so wondering if people think I am better off just using him as a productive back end piece

But yeah it's all relative to what I'd get back

I guess the question boils down to, is he gonna be good ROS?

Dobber Sports Titan

And my question is what kind of interest would he garner in you league? Could you actually get a decent piece for him? Whatever the answer to that question is should make everything more straightforward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

He has 3 points in one game with Crosby. Zero points in his other 4 games. Averaging 15 min per game. 2nd pp which in Pittsburgh isn't very valuable.

I don't think you get much for him but if you can get anything of value I'd take it. Otherwise I'm using him until he isn't playing with Crosby and then dumping him for a more valuable FA.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

His perceived value currently being high is news to me! As stated above he's gotten on the score sheet 1 game out of 5. Unless you have a crazy diehard pens fan in your league who is currently rebuilding, I doubt anyone would use him as one of their 10 keepers. But If you can get anything relevant out of trading him then by all means... probably wait to do so when he actually strings a few productive games first tho.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would think that sprong is more of a buy low candidate and see how he does with crosby..hes also a rookie.

In no format is sprong a sell high player. Hes a good young prospect whos getting a chance with an elite player..buy low and when he starts producing then you might have the sell high option

Dobber Sports Wizard

I suggested selling high after the one big game he had. At this point, you may need to wait until he has a couple of big games and then try selling him.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    His perceived value currently being high is news to me! As stated above he's gotten on the score sheet 1 game out of 5. Unless you have a crazy diehard pens fan in your league who is currently rebuilding, I doubt anyone would use him as one of their 10 keepers. But If you can get anything relevant out of trading him then by all means... probably wait to do so when he actually strings a few productive games first tho.
    That is how I feel too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was getting the vibe that he's Guentzel 2.0... saw some hype a few places and was wondering if he'd be a flashy name to throw into trade offers as a sweetener, as opposed to a centre piece ... OR am I foolish to trade him when the cost was cheap, because he can/should produce good numbers ROS

Dobber Sports Deity

If it's a limited keeper, I'd go after one of the lower teams in your league and offer Sprong along with someone else you weren't planning on keeping, or someone on your bubble for someone you like on his roster that you WOULD keep. Worth a shot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Doesn't sound like you carry prospects/minors roster, therefore, I doubt you get a sniff on Sprong. Best option is to keep him for yourself
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4