Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Linus Ullmark

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Linus Ullmark

Lehner was injured, but I have no idea why Johnson was scratched.

The guy almost got a shutout, 44/45 saves.
    Can he be the next guy in the pipes for Sabres?
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Linus Ullmark

Hes been "the next guy" for a while now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ullmark has been developing nicely in the AHL and could be ready to become a full-time NHL goalie soon. I've always believed he has starter upside and if Buffalo trades Lehner, then his chances of doing that are pretty good.

Lehner is a decent young goalie. He probably won't get traded any time soon. He posts decent save percentage #s every year playing on a terrible team. Having to stop 44/45 to get your team a 3-1 win is indicative of just how bad the Sabres are. They regularly give up close to 40 shots on net. Not many goalies on planet earth can post good #s facing that kind of workload every night. He reminds me a lot Dubnyk or Mike Smith before they got a shot with better defensive teams.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    Lehner is a decent young goalie. He probably won't get traded any time soon. He posts decent save percentage #s every year playing on a terrible team. Having to stop 44/45 to get your team a 3-1 win is indicative of just how bad the Sabres are. They regularly give up close to 40 shots on net. Not many goalies on planet earth can post good #s facing that kind of workload every night. He reminds me a lot Dubnyk or Mike Smith before they got a shot with better defensive teams.
    I also think the Sabres should keep Lehner but there are rumors about Lehner being shopped, and TSN has him #17 on their Trade Bait List.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I also think the Sabres should keep Lehner but there are rumors about Lehner being shopped, and TSN has him #17 on their Trade Bait List.
    I think this would be very unwise unless they got a fantastic return... Really think he has top 10 goalie on a good team capability in the future. Get rid of Kane for a defenseman who can play and some picks
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is there a playoff team that would Add Lehner at this time?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is there a playoff team that would Add Lehner at this time?
    A team like Carolina or the Islanders could trade for him if they want to make a playoff push and believe in him being better than the goalies they currently have. But a lot of teams could add him to be their #2G for ROS in case their starter is injured. That's what the Kings did last year with Bishop.

A team like Carolina or the Islanders could trade for him if they want to make a playoff push and believe in him being better than the goalies they currently have. But a lot of teams could add him to be their #2G for ROS in case their starter is injured. That's what the Kings did last year with Bishop.
    The problem is the price. I feel like teams would low ball on their offers for Lehner because of his W/L record. Again, unless you got a clear upgrade for your team (a great defenseman), why trade him? He's not the problem and he's young enough to grow with the team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The problem is the price. I feel like teams would low ball on their offers for Lehner because of his W/L record. Again, unless you got a clear upgrade for your team (a great defenseman), why trade him? He's not the problem and he's young enough to grow with the team.
    Again, I'm not advocating them to trade him but sounds like he's being shopped, so us fantasy owners should keep a close eye on the situation and Ullmark especially.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ullmark has been sent back to Rochester for the time being. The Sabres don't play again until Thursday.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

We?ve assigned defenseman Brendan Guhle & goaltender Linus Ullmark to @AmerksHockey.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can see NYI trading for him, as long as he Snow doesn't give up 2 - 1sts. (heh) Goalies usually don't garner the largest return in trades. This is probably the best return for a traded goalie in recent memory:

The St. Louis Blues on Friday acquired goaltender Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres in a trade for goaltender Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart, forward prospect William Carrier, a first-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, and a conditional draft pick.

Bishop went to TB for Conacher and a 4th. Lehner is probably closer to that Bishop value than Miller..

Halak, 2nd & Dal Colle would probably be more than enough to get a deal done. Although... I would think he resigns
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just finished watching the game, and Ullmark looked really good in it. I don't know much about goalies but I liked everything I saw. But it's just one game, so it would be interesting to see him play a few more games with the Sabres.

Even if the Sabres don't trade Lehner, they could trade Chad Johnson instead and go with the two Swedes in net. Ullmark has a one-way contract already this season, and he will be waivers eligible next season, so his time in the AHL might be coming to an end one way or another.

Dobber Sports Ace

Ullmark has had those flashes of potential right back to his first call-up a couple seasons back. He managed to keep up a solid stat line through 20 games with an absolutely terrible team in front of him as a 22 year old. I think, given the chance, he'll be a solid starter; he just needs to get that big Lehner shaped obstacle out of his way, and unfortunately for him I don't think he's enough better than Lehner to steal the job from him. I think it's a lot more likely that Buffalo moves Johnson and goes with Ullmark as the backup than it is that they move Lehner.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

I thought this was a very interesting comment from Bob McKenzie at Insider Trading (https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider...o-open~1327614)

And right now, Buffalo is not committed long-term to Robin Lehner. He's a restricted free agent at the end of the year but he's one year away from unrestricted free agency. The Sabres could hold on to him and not qualify him and just let him walk the free agency and let Linus Ullmark take over as their number one. Or they could conceivably sign him to a short-term deal to compliment with Ullmark, their goaltender of the future in Buffalo
    He was talking about possible trade options for the Flyers but I thought his comments about Ullmark were more interesting. I would quietly add Ullmark in fantasy hockey leagues if he's available (although he's already owned in all my leagues).