Thread: Nashville Vacation Advice

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Nashville Vacation Advice

Hello All,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville this summer.

What are your recommendations for 'MUST DO'?

Where are the best places to stay?

Is there a skytrain? Or what is the best way to get around the city?

Thanks,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Nashville Vacation Advice

Ive been to NSH and it's a great time. First time i went was with a different crowd (seminar..second was with my wife) and we ended up in Printers Alley..great time. Lots of blues/ jazz bars, even if you don't like blues or jazz it was a great time. I don't recall a skytrain though

Broadway is a cool place too..lots of small crowded country bars as you've likely seen on tv.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Go to the Stanley Cup finals
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Ive been to NSH and it's a great time. First time i went was with a different crowd (seminar..second was with my wife) and we ended up in Printers Alley..great time. Lots of blues/ jazz bars, even if you don't like blues or jazz it was a great time. I don't recall a skytrain though

Broadway is a cool place too..lots of small crowded country bars as you've likely seen on tv.
    Would you recommend staying downtown and paying big for hotel? Or are cab/uber rides reasonably priced?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Music Row would be my destination choice but I enjoy Country Music. It's what Nashville is mostly known for. Go to Tootsies Bar and enjoy some music from guys who are trying to catch their break. Go to the Grand Ole Opry and watch a show.

Nashville is a bucket list location for me that I plan on getting to at some point. Enjoy!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Would you recommend staying downtown and paying big for hotel? Or are cab/uber rides reasonably priced?
    We found a VRBO that had a free shuttle service to and from a drop off spot near Broadway when went with the wife. She did the booking so I don't know the name. We also rented a car godmother trips.

First trip we were stationed in Franklin outside of Nashville..and we drove in.

The Gaylord Hotel and Convention Centre (???) Was another spot we went to. Not too exciting but had a long walking path and garden that was indoors that was good for just chillin with the wife..they like that kinda stuff right.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been to Nashville 4-5 times. Lots of great music festivals in that area in the early summer, and the CMAs.

The Grand Ol Opry is a great time, and I'm not even a country music fan. It's quite the experience.

All the awesome bars and restaurants are all in a strip near the stadium, and you can see the Titan's stadium nearby as well. It's not that hard to get around if you stay a bit outside of town.

If you feel like going for a drive, the Jack Daniels Distillery is about an hour's drive South. Even if you aren't a big JD fan, the tour is quite interesting!

Dobber Sports Pro

We are going to Nashville in March for a weekend and to catch the Devils-Preds game. Never been there so I'm really excited. It should be an awesome place to catch a game even though I'll be rooting against them!

We booked an airbnb in a condo right downtown. It was a lot cheaper than the nice hotels downtown and whenever I airbnb I make sure I rent private apartments from "Superhosts" and it's always a fantastic experience. From the research I've done, it sounds like the Opry is a grand ole time (see what I did there) and most of the sightseeing/touristy bars are on a stretch of Broadway in the main downtown area. I'm a foodie so I'm also really pumped for the restaurant scene-- I've been compiling a list of potential spots to try.

I'm sure a Nashville-ite could shed some light on this topic but I've heard a lot of neighborhoods just outside downtown aren't the safest and aren't exactly walkable so it might be worth it to pay a little extra and be closer to the action.

Dobber Sports Novice

butchertown hall is one of my favorite restaurants...virago if you like Asian fusion. Acme is a great bar on broadway if you are looking outside honky tonks

- - - Updated - - -

not sure about the public trans but I used uber often while living there

Dobber Sports Novice

also Pinewood social is awesome..bowling, outdoor games, great drinks..a bit pricey but worth it