Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Deep Dive League (Brought to you by Stuntman and Fighting_emu)

The Great One

Default The Deep Dive League (Brought to you by Stuntman and Fighting_emu)

So.... We are looking for very passionate and involved owners. Were starting a very serious dynasty/cap league from scratch. If youre an avid pooler into premium leagues- this is your chance to get in on the ground floor. We are taking our time to collect proper ownership and are going to do an ULTRA SLOW draft over the course of the season. We need to a 27 man NHL draft. A 20 man AHL draft. Then after the entry draft we will conduct a 5 rounf JUNIOR draft. In all these cases there will be a 48 hr window between picks- so there is no rush. The impetus is on picking the BPA. We are looking for 12-20 owners. Message i here OR PM me or stuntman.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR OWNERS FOR THIS LEAUE!!! WE RE OOKING FOR 12-20 OWNERS AD WILL DO A SLOW DRAFT AFTER THAT!!! A 15$ BUY IN ENSURES THAT OWNERS WILL TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BUT NOT SO MUCH THAT IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH OF A FINANCIAL BURDEN THIS LEAGUE IS FOR FANTASY HOCKEY FANS!!! WE WANT FANS OF THE HOBBY WHO ARE AS PASSIONATE AS WE ARE!!!!

We are looking at starting a very serious cap/dynasty league. I will edit this post to include the rules and settings. This league would be commisioned by Stuntman and I. The premise is a very deep league with an AHL AND Junior squad. On top of the fantastic experience of playng with seasoned dobber vets we also guarantee "in league" articles- which are always fun!! As aspiring hockey writers and hockey pool nuts- we guarantee we will be dropping "Friedman-like" aritcles about whats transpiring in our league- guaranteed fun!!! Also if you re an aspiring writer- you are more than welcome to join and participate!! we'd love more articles and input.

Premise:

Looking for 12-20 managers for a very deep league. We are ready to do a "slow draft" where there is no rush and you basically get 48 hours per pick. The cost for this will be 15$. We will be using yahoo- so all the entry fees go into the prize pool.

Basic Notes:

The scoring will be sog/goal weighted:
    G4, A3, Sog/pim-0.5, Special Teams +1, Shootout goal +1, GWG +1, +0.5 dman point
    W10, SO +5, L-3, Save +0.25, Gol Against -2

Daily starts and you play 2 hth games per week.

Positions:
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 3F, 5D, 2G, 8BN

So we start with a 27 man draft. Then we do a 20 man farm team draft. Any player aside from 2018 draftees are eligible in this draft. And then finally we do a 5 man junior draft AFTER the real NHL draft. Every year we do a 5 round draft- these picks can be traded

Farm system:
    20 man AHL Team- We will draft after the pro draft. Can draft junior eligible players here as well. The key here is that players over 2.0 million dollars CANNOT be demoted. They can be promoted but must clear waivers if theyre dropped again.

Unlimited junior roster- Junior roster consists of your entry draft players. Games played eligibility is 82 for skaters and 30 for goalies- then they need to be promoted to pro/AHL/or cut. Once you promote them to your pro roster they can only be demoted to your AHL team. Junior players are only eligible to the junior roster for three years- after that they must be promoted to your farm or cut.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: The Deep Dive League (Brought to you by Stuntman and Fighting_emu)

StuntMan's seal of approval!! Join the fun!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interested!

The Great One

YES!!! Wed love to have you Chris!!! Emus seal of approval- this dude is one of my favorite managers in my main league!!! Huge score!! ****in eh rights Chris- Jyeah buoy!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lol! Thanks buddy! Time to study up on my Jrs

The Great One

A buddy from my new dynasty league is in too!

My dads friend 15+ year pooler in too!!

Lets do dis!! Chime in folks!!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    A buddy from my new dynasty league is in too!

My dads friend 15+ year pooler in too!!

Lets do dis!! Chime in folks!!!
    Awesome guys. Right on Joker has joined!

The Great One

My buddy from my big dynasty is interested too

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    My buddy from my nig dynasty is interested too
    Sign him or her up!

The Great One

Oh my god- "big dynasty" lmfao!! jesus...

Dobber Sports Monster

Could use some owners! contact Emu or StuntMan.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Two games per week: M-Th and F-Su?
    MINUS 0.5 pts per SOG?
    Free agent signing limits?
    What's the cap, and how are salaries determined (NHL?)
    Playoffs: during final weeks of the regular season or during real playoffs?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
    Two games per week: M-Th and F-Su?
    MINUS 0.5 pts per SOG?
    Free agent signing limits?
    What's the cap, and how are salaries determined (NHL?)
    Playoffs: during final weeks of the regular season or during real playoffs?
    We were putting Emu in charge for the rules. I'll facebook him and ask about the signing limits/cap/SOG/playoff question you have. As far as I know, the two opponents your team will be playing will be played at the same time. Monday - Sunday. Then your teams totals will get counted at the end of the week.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What's the platform? Yahoo (unlikely)...Fantrax...?

Dobber Sports Jedi

48 hours per pick? if you start today... it might get done by opening night.. jeezus that's a long time per pick. 4 hour picks seem daunting when it's not your turn
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4