Thread: Is this crazy to offer Buff and OEL for Sergachev?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Is this crazy to offer Buff and OEL for Sergachev?

I'm kind of done with OEL, I can keep Morgan Rielly in place of OEl and Sergachev in place of Buff.
    League in sig. keep 6 thanks. This year just doesn't seem to be my year to win championship. I probably still make playoffs, but to many struggling players.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Is this crazy to offer Buff and OEL for Sergachev?

Yes it's absolutely crazy. I would need OEL (or equivalent like Hamilton) on top of Sergachev to trade Buff alone. Don't sell your guys short just to get a few years younger. Other GMs in your league will still highly value these guys if you act like you do.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yes it's absolutely crazy. I would need OEL (or equivalent like Hamilton) on top of Sergachev to trade Buff alone. Don't sell your guys short just to get a few years younger. Other GMs in your league will still highly value these guys if you act like you do.
    This advice holds true for a ton of sell low situations. Don't sell the players' production til now in a down season, sell their career averages and bests. Trade Buf as the multi-cat minute muncher he usually is; and sell the fact that for most of his career OEL has played pretty much every PP minute the 'Yotes have had. Sell the speculated market correction or you're not going to get as much value as if you just waited til the summer.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

Hard to give advice because you signature is so confusing and it`s so much math (with blocks and hits at .25, versus 3 for goals, etc.). Would be easier if you provided total points and ppg, and also made your signature more clear.

Unlike those above, if you aren`t really in it this year, I don`t have an issue with a 2 for 1 to upgrade your keepers. It`s just hard to tell how much - if any - an upgrade this is...

I also think you could be better off waiting a few weeks for Buff to heat up before selling...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Hard to give advice because you signature is so confusing and it`s so much math (with blocks and hits at .25, versus 3 for goals, etc.). Would be easier if you provided total points and ppg, and also made your signature more clear.

Unlike those above, if you aren`t really in it this year, I don`t have an issue with a 2 for 1 to upgrade your keepers. It`s just hard to tell how much - if any - an upgrade this is...

I also think you could be better off waiting a few weeks for Buff to heat up before selling...
    Oh, by no means am i saying not to sell, just don't sell low. Byfuglien and OEL should both have the track history and name value that you should be able to still get solid value for them; and like you said, a little wait-and-see at this point can't hurt.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

I don't mind upgrading keepers either, but Sergachev is not an upgrade on either
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for input just trying to figure out what I can trade and how much should be worth. Going to put OEL on block, see if any offers.
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1

SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

(k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Ace

Buff is not the problem it's OEL that just been horrible for 2nd straight year.
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR

SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

(k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)