Thread: Myers or Dermott?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Myers or Dermott?

Just wondering what people think of these two prospects? Both are available in my league as of right now, who do you think is the better prospect out of the two?

My minor league roster is full so I'd have to drop one of these players - Shestorykin, Suzuki, Kaprizov, Steel, Kyrou. Would you drop any of these for one of these players (D-men have more value in league then wings, roughly equal to centers).

These are pretty much the two best available D prospects, I feel like my prospect pool has too many forwards in it.

Thoughts? Thanks
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Myers or Dermott?

Why don't you try trading 2 fwd prospects for a D man and then pick up one of those gusy with your extra slot??
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Myers more than Dermott long term but I wouldnt drop any of your forward prospects for either guy yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Myers more than Dermott long term but I wouldnt drop any of your forward prospects for either guy yet.
    I agree with this.

The Great One

Yeah, I wouldn't drop any of those prospects for Myers or Dermott either. I like the advice above about trying to trade some surplus F and then scooping a D prospect. Maybe you can do a 2 for 1 upgrade or something like that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would scoop Dermott over Myers if you can make a spot. I'm not disagreeing over ceilings, but Dermott has already called up and Myers is how far away?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would scoop Dermott over Myers if you can make a spot. I'm not disagreeing over ceilings, but Dermott has already called up and Myers is how far away?
    Dermott also into his 3rd year of pro hockey (97 games under his belt) while Myers is a true rookie. He's played 19 pro games in his career.

I'd hope Dermott is ahead of him at this point in their careers. He better be. That doesn't mean he's the better option.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dermott also into his 3rd year of pro hockey (97 games under his belt) while Myers is a true rookie. He's played 19 pro games in his career.

I'd hope Dermott is ahead of him at this point in their careers. He better be. That doesn't mean he's the better option.
    Dermott helps now... Myers in 2 years? 3? Likely Myers will be available in this league a year from now to be scooped as well. He's got good prospects around and in front of him in Philly as well. One could get a couple years production out of Dermott while waiting for Myers to get a call up... That does, in certain circumstances make him the better option. There's no evidence yet to say Dermott is a plug either.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Dermott helps now... Myers in 2 years? 3? Likely Myers will be available in this league a year from now to be scooped as well. He's got good prospects around and in front of him in Philly as well. One could get a couple years production out of Dermott while waiting for Myers to get a call up... That does, in certain circumstances make him the better option. There's no evidence yet to say Dermott is a plug either.
    He's not looking for a player to help him now though. He's looking for the best D prospect to add to his minors because he feels he has too many forward prospects. He's not worried about today and even if he was, I don't see Dermott replacing any of the current Dmen in Toronto to the point where he will be fantasy relevant any time soon.

Dobber Sports Jedi

He's not looking for a player to help him now though. He's looking for the best D prospect to add to his minors because he feels he has too many forward prospects. He's not worried about today and even if he was, I don't see Dermott replacing any of the current Dmen in Toronto to the point where he will be fantasy relevant any time soon.
    Gardiner in 2019/20. He's a UFA after 18/19 and they won't replace him... he'll be an option on PP2. Yes I know Liljigren will also be with the team by then, but I suspect Dermott will be a 2nd D on that PP unit.

Really Myers has probably larger obstacles in his way in Philly to become fantasy relevant. Is he better offensively than Provorov? Gostisbehere? They're pretty similar in terms of situation. I don't see a significant difference in upside either.