Thread: Win-now mode in H2H keeper. Trade away Talbot or Murray for Quick+?

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Win-now mode in H2H keeper. Trade away Talbot or Murray for Quick+?

Hey guys, my goalies are absolutely torpedoing my weekly matchups in H2H. I'm considering moving either Murray or Talbot, along with a guy like OEL, to a rebuilding team that happens to have Quick and Byfuglien... and I may try to get a pick added. Would I be crazy to do so? Or is there decent value looking at something like that? I wanna make sure I win some money again this year. Roster & setting in sig.

I can only keep 6, and my keeper options are currently pretty amazing (I currently own 9 bona fide keeper-level players in Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Giroux, Voracek, Karlsson, Klingberg, Murray, Talbot), so I might have to do some wheeling and dealing to consolidate talent a little as I approach the trade deadline.

The Great One

Default Re: Win-now mode in H2H keeper. Trade away Talbot or Murray for Quick+?

In a money league, that move makes sense to me. I just don't have faith in Talbot or Murray turning it around this year. And OEL is a drop and doing squat this year...

Dobber Sports Pro

If your in a win now mode, I would rather have Quick.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    In a money league, that move makes sense to me. I just don't have faith in Talbot or Murray turning it around this year. And OEL is a drop and doing squat this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    If your in a win now mode, I would rather have Quick.
    Who should I get rid of, Talbot or Murray? I feel like Talbot is the lesser of the two, yeah?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Talbot is the lesser of the two for future value, but both have been brutal this year, and I think the Penguins have a worse schedule in the late season. I suspect you'd get more for Murray, though.

Both Murray & Talbot are on teams with poor offenses & brutal defenses this year so far. I have more faith in the Penguins offense than any of the other 3 units to get to above-average.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.