Thread: Hellebuyck's value in Dynasty...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hellebuyck's value in Dynasty...

Hellebuyck has just been put on the block in a deep dynasty league and was looking for input on his long term value. I've been struggling in goalie stats for a few years now, with only Schneider as my true solid #1. I'm not comfortable running with Schneider, Elliott and Reimer as long term answers while waiting for Demko and Shesterkin to emerge. So my question is how much would you pay for Helley in a dynasty and is he even worth it? I'm currently top 5 in standings, but don't think I can stay competitive with my current goalies. Looking at my roster, should I offer any of Karlsson, Marchand, Forsberg as the main part of a deal? Owner wants a lot for him, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth paying the price now...

Thanks for any advice on this one.
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hellebuyck's value in Dynasty...

I think you aren't giving your current goalies enough credit. I think you CAN survive with Schneider and Reimer as your goalie options (and even Elliott to a smaller degree) until Demko gets there. He's probably two years away from regular duty. Reimer is pretty much the #1 in Florida now anyway and is playing like it too. I am not banking anything on Shesterkin (or how ever you spell it) until he says he's coming over.

Dont get me wrong, you have to love what Hellebuyck is doing this year, but I think you are going to short change your roster in another place to try and improve a spot on your roster where you probably dont need to as much as you may think.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Agree with Axe, the window to buy Hellebuyck was last year. Right now you'll have to engage in a bidding war and overpay. I'd likely hold.

Any indication, even a rough one, of what this owner wants? What kind of outlook does his team have?

Dobber Sports Ace

As cautioned above, be wary that you do not get sucked into a bidding war and end up overpaying. His stat line is certainly very good, and you gotta love that Winnipeg team on paper, so he's a goalie that would be a nice one to have.

I think that he's good, and in a situation to do really well, but with him being so young, it's very hard to tell. He was very shaky at times last year, so I wouldn't be buying him for an elite price.

Since November 20 (and, yes, I am cherry-picking dates a bit here), he has a 2.47 GAA and 0.914 SV%. Make sure that you're buying him as a "very good" goalie, and not an elite one.

Dobber Sports Stud

In a 16 team league goalies are gold and I think Helly is the real deal. That team, and Helly, should be very good for a very long time. If you can get Helly straight up for a guy like FF I'd do it.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You have an okay situation, actually. Schneider is solid, and you have the Flyers tandem. It's not great, but it's okay. You also have Reimer, who looks to be the future in Florida.

I'd be very willing to acquire him, but not to overpay. E Karlsson is too much to pay for him. Inquire, and see what he's looking for in return. If he needs a forward and has other pieces, you could ship him the Flyers tandem back in a 3 for 3, and he'll still have some goalie certainty - or maybe you can then move them in another deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Appreciate the feedback on this one. I'm going to hold for now as the owner wants a kings ransom, which will not happen. Dynasty leagues are so challenging as it seems most owners (not all), just want to win every trade with less and less communication happening.
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov