Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price to the Islanders?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Price to the Islanders?

IMAGINED. However, the more and more that I hear analysts talk about these two teams the more and more it makes sense to me (as a non-fan of either team).

The Islanders need an upgrade in goal and NEED to show JT that they are serious about the future when it comes to both the arena situation and the roster. Though JT is sure to test the market, I can totally see him re-signing especially with the new arena developments and a team commitment to Price. Acquiring Price would be a "power move". Though I am no cap guru and Tavares is in for a big raise, it seems that the Islanders could possibly fit Price's salary especially with $4.5 mill from Halak and possibly $3.3 mill from Bailey coming off the books.

All you hear of the Canadiens is that the "cupboards" are bare and the Islanders do have some nice young assets. Do they have enough in guys like Ho-Sang, Beauvillier, Barzal, Bellows, Pulock and/or roster players like Lee or Nelson? Just throwing names out there, not suggesting who the Isles would wish to include or what would be a proper deal. I know Montreal it is a very tough market to go into a rebuild mode.

I thought this might be an interesting match with multiple layers to it so I wanted to put it out there for thoughts.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Price to the Islanders?

Funny, I mentioned this in a different thread yesterday. It won't happen but funny none the less that someone else mentioned too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I approve
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry I missed that Axeman
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies

The Great One

I just don't see it happening for so many reasons. First off, I don't think you can trade for Price until Tavares is re-signed. And re-signing Tavares is harder enough on it's own. I also don't think the Islanders will be keen to move Barzal, and moving any of their youth doesn't make sense if JT is not back.

If we are playing in the world of imagination, how about Price to Vegas. Vegas could ship MAF contract back, plus they have a ton of great pieces and draft picks that are not currently in their line up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good thought but Vegas in no way needs to do that, MAF is doing just fine and goaltending is not an issue there as they have proved to be very deep in net. The Isles on the other hand need to be bold. They want to keep Tavares and may need to be over aggressive in making that happen. This would also help in potentially signing free agents. As someone who is currently living in NY, though the Isles have a loyal and dedicated fan base, they are second fiddle in NY and such a "power move" wouldn't change that but it would help. You are right....it's a big gamble.
    Start 9F,5D,2G

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Sorry I missed that Axeman
    No need to apologize. I just thought it was funny.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Wouldn't you think a far more likely outcome for the Islanders would be to trade JT and Bailey at the deadline for a boat load of prospects? I know it's easy to think that Price would be a saviour on the Island, but I'm not sure that's really the case.

You're correct that Vegas doesn't need Price, but they can afford him - and this is the world of imagination

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow... as a hockey fan I would love to see a move like this happen!

As a Flyers fan... I would hate to see a move that brings Price into the division.

Dobber Sports Star

If Snow goes into another rebuild, his head will be on a spike. He has painted himself into a corner and will need to be creative in order to get out. I'm thinking he's used 8 of his 9 lives by now.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think any team has interest in taking on that Price contract.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would love to see Price go to the Islanders in a deal that involved Halak just so I could sit back, eat popcorn and watch Habs' fans heads explode.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 4t2 View Post
    i would love to see price go to the islanders in a deal that involved halak just so i could sit back, eat popcorn and watch habs' fans heads explode.
    bahahahahaha!!!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    If Snow goes into another rebuild, his head will be on a spike. He has painted himself into a corner and will need to be creative in order to get out. I'm thinking he's used 8 of his 9 lives by now.
    If JT doesn't sign before the trade deadline, what choice will Snow have? How do you risk losing JT for nothing?

Dobber Sports Jedi

1. as we all know.. Price isn't going to NYI.
    2. I'm execting JT to stay and sign with less fan fare and less rumours than Stamkos had.
    3. I can see a Lehner, Dell going to the Isles by the deadline.
    4. The Isles see themselves as a playoff team - they will be deadline buyers, not sellers.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4