Thread: Goalies going forward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Goalies going forward

Hey guys,

What goalies do you think hold the most value going forward as future quality starters in the league?
    Subban, Saros, Hart, Demko, Samsinov come to mind as a few but who is the one that stands out as the breakout starter in next season. I'm trying to fix the goalie situation for my team and this is what I'm really looking at.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Goalies going forward

Next season, none of them is the answer.

Going forward, 2-3 years forward, Demko is the best from that group for me. Subban and Saros are still back up goalies next year at the very least.

Hart and Samsonov are both longer term prospects.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Next season, none of them is the answer.

Going forward, 2-3 years forward, Demko is the best from that group for me. Subban and Saros are still back up goalies next year at the very least.

Hart and Samsonov are both longer term prospects.
    Good post here. Goalie prospects take time, things don't happen as quickly as they do with skaters.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Who would you say is a solution for my team next year? It?s a 14 team league with goalie values extremely inflated. I have lehner, varly, subban and saros. Having 4 spots for tendys is honestly too much but I have to in order to pick matchups correctly and get the starts and stats I need

The Great One

Hard to answer without knowing more. For example, how many goalies are typically held in your 14 x 7 league?

And what spot are you in the standings?

You could consider punting the season and trying to acquire one starter while consolidating your top 7?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get that stud goalie next year while, at the same time, continuing trying to compete this year. It might be one of those this or that options.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    Who would you say is a solution for my team next year? It?s a 14 team league with goalie values extremely inflated. I have lehner, varly, subban and saros. Having 4 spots for tendys is honestly too much but I have to in order to pick matchups correctly and get the starts and stats I need
    Be sure to draft starting goalies early in your draft next time. If there's no limit to how many goalies can be kept and all starters are kept, then there's not much you can do - either trade your stud skaters to acquire a good goalie or wait a couple of years.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I?m currently sitting in 9th. 8 teams make the playoffs. I could realistically move up to 7-8 but beyond that would be tough. I finished 4th last season and drafted 9th overall this year. I selected mason figuring he would be the solution to a Winnipeg team that would have a good year. Most teams are carrying 2-3 tendys. Some teams are very deep in net (Allen/vasi/schnider) and (rask/Rinne/greiss) but won?t budge on them at all. There is not a single starter available on the waiver wire. I debated punting the season and loading picks for next year. The issue is if I?m to make a deal for a good starting tendy, the asking price of everyone is Matthews or in one case a quick for ovi and 1st. I?ve offered up drasaitl, zibanejad and a 1st for rask and a 5th and been turned down. Not sure how and I know the deal is a massive overpayment on end but it was to address a need.

Dobber Sports Jedi

then you obviously are keeping Lehner and you draft a G early s J.P. said. At those prices, I can't see it being worth while to trade for one. I think your league is inflating the value of G's.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

They absolutely are. It?s myself and one other guy who lack a solid starting tendy. If im not in a playoff spot and my tendy situation isn?t stabilized by close to the trade deadline I?m going to sell off all non keeper forwards and just tank it

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to sell off Lehner as well. I have little faith he's a starter next year, so I'd be willing to gamble on Varlamov still having the job. Of the backups you have, Subban & Saros are the closest to a starting job.

I also would look at backups who are free agents as guys to get off the wire, or acquire as throw-ins to give you more options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.