Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Bergevin shopping Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: [Rumour] Bergevin shopping Pacioretty

MaxPAc for Skinner?

Dobber Sports Sage

So is this Max Pac's fantasy buy-low point? The OGM in my league is peddling him now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I thought I bought low 6 weeks ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    So is this Max Pac's fantasy buy-low point? The OGM in my league is peddling him now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    I thought I bought low 6 weeks ago lol
    What did you get MaxPac for? The OGM is talking my Dustin Brown for his MaxPac. Thumbs up or down? (I dont want to hijack the thread for my private trade, sorry)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What did you get MaxPac for? The OGM is talking my Dustin Brown for his MaxPac. Thumbs up or down? (I dont want to hijack the thread for my private trade, sorry)
    One year league, traded Gio and and Jt Miller about a month into the season. I wouldn't trade Brown for him now, especially if it's a hits league. I think Brown keeping this up is more likely than a Habs/MaxPac resurgence at this point.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't know in what universe MaxPac is not a significant upgrade on Brown. Maybe in this universe where he is absolutely tanking this season, but I would make that deal in a heartbeat regardless.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I don't know in what universe MaxPac is not a significant upgrade on Brown. Maybe in this universe where he is absolutely tanking this season, but I would make that deal in a heartbeat regardless.
    In name value maybe. If you run the numbers in a multi-cat league, Brown is the far superior player through half the season. 40 games is a big enough sample size. IF it's a keeper league, it's another story.....but in a one-year, I'd prefer to keep Brown right now I think.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I am thinking long term on this one, Dynasty format and all. I like to pick up guys like this at the buy-low nadir. I snatched F. Forsberg at this point last year for peanuts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am thinking long term on this one, Dynasty format and all. I like to pick up guys like this at the buy-low nadir. I snatched F. Forsberg at this point last year for peanuts.
    I assumed one-year.....if this is a dynasty, I hammer the accept button and ship Brown for Patches in a heartbeat.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This team was in very rough shape before Bergevin took over. I agree that this team is pretty awful. It’s tough to say what any other GM would have done with this team as well. Centres are hard to acquire but there have been several on the move in recent years. Duchene, Johansen, Turris, Henrique, and probably many others. The problem, I think, is that Montreal rarely has the pieces to acquire these types of players on the open market. However, Drouin and Weber could have instead been other pieces coming back. The cupboards were bare when Bergevin took over, and this amateur scouting team doesn’t have a great track record with first round picks, nor does management in Montreal have a great track record of keeping their decent first round selections. Hope the return for Patches turns into a modern speed and skill package somehow.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Reminds me of a guy in my league that put Benn on the block looking for a scoring winger. I sent him a message asking if Benn was not a scoring winger and perhaps he could trade Benn for Benn to himself. They need to fire Bergevin before he blows any more holes in this team.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Centres are hard to acquire but there have been several on the move in recent years. Duchene, Johansen, Turris, Henrique, and probably many others. The problem, I think, is that Montreal rarely has the pieces to acquire these types of players on the open market.
    I find it's the opposite. Centres aren't that hard to acquire.

Here's a list of top-six centres, not including rentals, that have been dealt since MB became GM: Ribeiro, J. Staal, Foligno, Dubinsky, Brassard, Forsberg, Seguin, Niederreiter, Vermette, Spezza, Kesler, Ryan Johansen, Palmieri, O’Reilly, Brassard (again), Zibanejad, Stepan, Schenn, Turris, Duchene, Henrique. I'm probably missing some in there.

Some guys aren’t real centres (Foligno doesn’t take faceoffs) and some we had no chance (Seguin, Staal). And some we didn’t want (Ribeiro). But that's a pretty good list. And that's just trades. That doesn't include any centres that may have made it to free agency.

Guys like Forsberg, Niederreiter, O'Reilly and Schenn went for pretty cheap.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

The habs miss Markov big time

Yes center is hurting but a kid like Sergachev would have covered a lot of the issues the team has

I think tha habs screwed over their window when they signed Subban to that bridge contract. It came back to bite them in the ass
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I traded Max pac for Bailey last week. I am in contention right now in the league so I figured why not ride the hot hand.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

The Great One

Interested to see how this turns out.

Montreal wants a hockey trade but I think they settle with a 'futures' package...and then try to trade that package for a younger goal scorer.