Thread: Ben Bishop rep

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ben Bishop rep

I am thinking of trading one of my 3 goalies. Out of Holtby Talbot and Bishop. I thought goaltending would be the least of my problems this season. But having 6 injured players on my roster(3 of which went down in the last 2 days) I'm gonna be in a really tough spot soon. The parity in my keeper is the strongest it's ever been(3rd to 11th is separated by 3pts!!) this season and can see myself losing a playoff spot if I don't make a move or 2 soon. So basically my question is....is Bishop the odd man out here? Is keeping Talbot and Holtby better in the long run. All 3 are having average seasons and I think I could prob get a solid return for bishop. I'm thinking of possibly trading Bishop for TyJo and Dubois and perhaps a pick. Any advice is appreciated.
    14 team Yahoo Keeper League 8 keepers 4 rookies.

G, A, PIMs, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PPP, FoW GAA,Sv%,SO,Wins

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1 Utility 2G 1 IR 2 IR+ 4 NA 13 bench

C: McDavid Crosby, Beniers, Kotkatniemi, W. Johnson
    LW: Draisitl Svechnikov, Patioretty, Mikheyev, Mangiapane, Tolvanen, Benson
    RW: Rantanen Thompson, Wahlstrom, Anderson, Marchenko, Evangalista
    D: Heiskanen, Drysdale, Ghostisbehere, Zadorov, Savard, Fowler
    G: Sorokin, Varlomov, UPK, Comrie
    NA: B. Clarke, Stankoven
    Rookie:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Ben Bishop rep

Bishop would def. be the choice to move of the 3 for me. Holtby is an absolute hold. you should be looking to upgrade RW - you could use a stud there
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd move Bishop or Talbot, whichever nets a better return. Theya re both having mediocre to bad season with rate stats, and aren't winning much. Bishop is more inconsistent than Talbot, and neither is consistently average, even.

Holtby is having an above average goalie season, but below his regular output. The lack of shutouts is likely hurting him some in your league, and that means he hasn't gotten the SV% & GAA boost that comes with them, either. Still 2nd in the league in wins, though, with good rate stats, just not great.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

I am a proponent of having three goalies in a two goalie start league. Having that insurance sitting on your bench can be invaluable. That said, the first question to ask is ?what goalies are available to add as your third if you deal Talbot or Bishop??

If there are decent options in the WW then the return on Bishop is going to be poor and any deal can?t really help that much. If there are few options on the WW then the return for Bishop will be greater but you are exposed if one of your two remaining goalies get hurt. Catch 22. Is Grubauer available? If so I would drop Sutter and pick him up if you deal away Bishop.

If you deal Bishop it needs to be for a guy that would be a keeper in your league.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am a proponent of having three goalies in a two goalie start league. Having that insurance sitting on your bench can be invaluable. That said, the first question to ask is ?what goalies are available to add as your third if you deal Talbot or Bishop??

If there are decent options in the WW then the return on Bishop is going to be poor and any deal can?t really help that much. If there are few options on the WW then the return for Bishop will be greater but you are exposed if one of your two remaining goalies get hurt. Catch 22. Is Grubauer available? If so I would drop Sutter and pick him up if you deal away Bishop.

If you deal Bishop it needs to be for a guy that would be a keeper in your league.
    Me too, and you have three good ones. In a start two G league, any of your goalies should net you a very good return if you want to trade any of them. As Moses said, you need to get a player you;d consider to be a keeper for you if you trade Bishop.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I guess this is the right place to add this:

“Goalies don’t necessarily win you championships but they
    certainly lose you championships”
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"