Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading for Craig Anderson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trading for Craig Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if you mean Dank Sedin.. then to an extent... although his 100pt season came the year Dank was injured. Their icetime has been tenuous this year - agreed. Greene has been hesitant to play them 5x5, even though possession metrics say they should be on the ice as much as possible. I posted this in another thread on Hank. His production is also not tied to injuries... yes he's had 9pts since Horvat went down, but the 11 games immediately prior to that he had 12 pts... he's remained consistant in his production over the last 20 games
    First and foremost, not sure if by Dank you mean the two together, or if you're just being autocorrected and this is a glimpse into your other hobbies, hah.

But I stand corrected. I wasn't looking close enough at the present trend. Hank has really turned it up in the last 20ish games. Definitely a better option than Bjugstad at this point. I still worry about his decline in minutes, as it's been trending down the last couple years, and once their forward corps is healthy again you're absolutely right that Greene prefers the younger options. Looking at his production just before Horvat went down though it does look like he was turning his season around regardless of the decline in minutes and the lesser options on the opposite wing from Dan.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    First and foremost, not sure if by Dank you mean the two together, or if you're just being autocorrected and this is a glimpse into your other hobbies, hah.

But I stand corrected. I wasn't looking close enough at the present trend. Hank has really turned it up in the last 20ish games. Definitely a better option than Bjugstad at this point. I still worry about his decline in minutes, as it's been trending down the last couple years, and once their forward corps is healthy again you're absolutely right that Greene prefers the younger options. Looking at his production just before Horvat went down though it does look like he was turning his season around regardless of the decline in minutes and the lesser options on the opposite wing from Dan.
    Hank & Dank is Vancouver nickname for the twins. Greene has really laid a challenge down to them to earn every second of 5x5 ice time. I mean.. there's been a couple games where they were under 7min 5x5 and I believe 2 games their ice time dipped under 10min - total.. Since that dip, they've been the twins of old, minus two steps
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Recruit

I have Anderson and can't get rid of him and now hear Ottawa may start trading away players and rebuild. This isn't the same team as last year so, I think he may end up useless and I'm probably gonna end up just dropping him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ah well i tried Smith but he rejected it...said its not appealing to him. I've tried explaining I need someone better for JVR then, because I'm giving up a bonafide 60-point player for a really bad starter and a mediocre player, plus im helping him shore up his goalies by giving him Darling. I don't think he'll budge from JVR though. i don't think I should do JVR and Darling for Anderson & Henrik Sedin do you?
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stefan17 View Post
    Ah well i tried Smith but he rejected it...said its not appealing to him. I've tried explaining I need someone better for JVR then, because I'm giving up a bonafide 60-point player for a really bad starter and a mediocre player, plus im helping him shore up his goalies by giving him Darling. I don't think he'll budge from JVR though.
    Then walk away from the deal. Just because you entered into negotiations doesn't mean you have to make a trade. If you don't like what is in front of you, walk away and say thank you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Then walk away from the deal. Just because you entered into negotiations doesn't mean you have to make a trade. If you don't like what is in front of you, walk away and say thank you.
    at this point, it is what I would do

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He said he?d do Fiala. Sounds better to me

Dobber Sports Deity

He said he?d do Fiala. Sounds better to me
    So the offer is Anderson and one of HSedin or Bjugstad for Darling and Fiala?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So the offer is Anderson and one of HSedin or Bjugstad for Darling and Fiala?
    Yup. I'm going Sedin. he's thinking about it.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

Dobber Sports Deity

So if he said he'd do Fiala, what is the thinking part from him?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So if he said he'd do Fiala, what is the thinking part from him?
    He's still on the fence...he doesn't know if its worth it to give up Anderson for Darling, and in terms of Fiala, he just wants an offensive upgrade. But he isn't sure FIala will keep it up.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

Dobber Sports Jedi

He's still on the fence...he doesn't know if its worth it to give up Anderson for Darling, and in terms of Fiala, he just wants an offensive upgrade. But he isn't sure FIala will keep it up.
    toss a 6-1 Canes record in past 7 comment his way - Darling and the Canes are trending up (no need to mention Ward has the majority of those starts)

Dobber Sports Deity

If he passes he passes. So be it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Might be worth shopping this deal around to other GMs. Especially if you make it known you're willing to add a piece to make the upgrade happen. There might be someone willing to bite on the Hurricanes' recent hot streak (regardless of which one of their goalies is getting the wins) for someone like Elliot or Smith. Heck, you might be better served to look at goalies like the NYI tandem if only to fill the W and saves categories, and hope Schneids can buoy you in the GAA and SV% cats.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Might be worth shopping this deal around to other GMs. Especially if you make it known you're willing to add a piece to make the upgrade happen. There might be someone willing to bite on the Hurricanes' recent hot streak (regardless of which one of their goalies is getting the wins) for someone like Elliot or Smith. Heck, you might be better served to look at goalies like the NYI tandem if only to fill the W and saves categories, and hope Schneids can buoy you in the GAA and SV% cats.

GMs in my league are ridiculously stingy and overvalue everyone....they send such bad offers. I got an offer for Darling a few weeks ago that was his Subban for my Darling and Smith. So ive actively avoided shopping to save myself the headache. I'd rather let someone come to me first and try to haggle.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies