Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading for Craig Anderson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading for Craig Anderson

Hey guys, I was offered a trade I'd like your opinion on. I was offered Craig Anderson and Henrik Sedin or Bjugstad for my Darling and JVR. Now, ordinarily i wouldn't consider this, but the guy offering it has Ward, and Darling is currently burning a hole in my roster. I know Anderson has been bad, but I need a goalie who is going to play, and there is always a chance he turns it around-he is a bonafide starting goalie. I currently have Raanta, Schneider and Darling as my goalies.

This could also be my one chance to get rid of Darling. if he doesn't get his job back, I'm screwed here. I have some options to replace JVR- Parise will be back shortly and I can grab Galchenyuk off the wire too.

What do you guys think?
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trading for Craig Anderson

I dont like it simply because of the JVR part of the trade. Find another way to get Anderson for Darling that doesn't have you adding in such a large piece. Anderson's value isn't that great right now that you should lose a player like JVR.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would find another piece vs. JVR or get a bump on hank/bjug. you're losing the trade in a big way up front.

- - - Updated - - -

if this is a one year league.. then it's a lot closer, but I don't like that return on JVR
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would switching JVR to Fiala or Smith work better?
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by stefan17 View Post
    Would switching JVR to Fiala or Smith work better?
    if you can get this done with Smith.. I like it a lot better for you

Dobber Sports Deity

Smith yes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I would likely do either Smith or Fiala, so long as it's Bjorkstrand coming back with Anderson.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I would likely do either Smith or Fiala, so long as it's Bjorkstrand coming back with Anderson.
    you mean bjugstad?
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

Dobber Sports Ace

you mean bjugstad?
    Oh man, totally read that wrong. If it's Bjugstad then I'd be holding onto Fiala, but I'd still move Smith. Sorry about that, hadn't finished my coffee yet.
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh man, totally read that wrong. If it's Bjugstad then I'd be holding onto Fiala, but I'd still move Smith. Sorry about that, hadn't finished my coffee yet.
    No problem! Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, why hold Fiala over Smith? and to be honest, I'd probably grab sedin over bjugstad.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

Dobber Sports Jedi

No problem! Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, why hold Fiala over Smith?
    I think Fiala has more offensive upside than R. Smith. you put this in goaliepost section -- is this a keeper or one year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think Fiala has more offensive upside than R. Smith. you put this in goaliepost section -- is this a keeper or one year?
    One year. Yeah I put it here because the main thing is the goalies-I tried doing a 1 for 1 but he wants some sort of upgrade since he's trading a starter for a backup.
    25 keepers, 2 rookies

Dobber Sports Jedi

One year. Yeah I put it here because the main thing is the goalies-I tried doing a 1 for 1 but he wants some sort of upgrade since he's trading a starter for a backup.
    in a one year.. get Sedin in there over Bjugstadt, especially where you don't count hits.

Dobber Sports Ace

No problem! Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, why hold Fiala over Smith? and to be honest, I'd probably grab sedin over bjugstad.
    Sedin and Bjugstad have the same issue of being reliant on linemates and injuries for icetime, so really whichever one looks to have the best situation for the next month or so would be the better option, depending on your league settings, and especially since they're the secondary piece for you.

My inclination to move Smith over Fiala is just that Smith gets leaned on for more of the defensive duties, whereas Fiala tends to play more of the offense oriented minutes (he starts about 10% more of his shifts in the offensive zone). I think they're both likely due for a slight drop in their shooting percentages, and the Turris/Fiala/Smith line isn't as hot as it was when Turris first came over, but my gut tells me that Fiala will still put more shots on net, and get in on more scoring than Smith going forward just based on usage.
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

Dobber Sports Jedi

Sedin and Bjugstad have the same issue of being reliant on linemates and injuries for icetime, so really whichever one looks to have the best situation for the next month or so would be the better option, depending on your league settings, and especially since they're the secondary piece for you.

My inclination to move Smith over Fiala is just that Smith gets leaned on for more of the defensive duties, whereas Fiala tends to play more of the offense oriented minutes (he starts about 10% more of his shifts in the offensive zone). I think they're both likely due for a slight drop in their shooting percentages, and the Turris/Fiala/Smith line isn't as hot as it was when Turris first came over, but my gut tells me that Fiala will still put more shots on net, and get in on more scoring than Smith going forward just based on usage.
    if you mean Dank Sedin.. then to an extent... although his 100pt season came the year Dank was injured. Their icetime has been tenuous this year - agreed. Greene has been hesitant to play them 5x5, even though possession metrics say they should be on the ice as much as possible. I posted this in another thread on Hank. His production is also not tied to injuries... yes he's had 9pts since Horvat went down, but the 11 games immediately prior to that he had 12 pts... he's remained consistant in his production over the last 20 games