Thread: Trading for a young defenceman - cheap $$$

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trading for a young defenceman - cheap $$$

Team & Details in Sig.

Currently the best team in league by 200 pts but always looking to improve my team now & in the future. I need defence depth to use this year.

Posted that I'll trade a good young forward for a good young defenceman in a similar contract status.
    Thus an owner said he'd like one of MTkachuk, BPoint, or
    NPatrick for his RPulock +. The plus being another prospect &/or pick.

I like rookie depth in a cap league. Not just for low contract but also the flexibility (if under 80g) to callup on off nights. And then send back down.
    The question is RPulock worth it. Do u see him blossoming into the player we had hoped? If u think so........
    Here are some other names I can ask him to add or maybe 2
    RAndersson. TDermott. JVrana. KWood. NMerkley LAndersson PZacha

Personally I don't really see a match but I could be missing something.
    I'd probably hold onto Patrick who has solid upside and 2 more years of rookie contract. Tkachuk not sure of his ultimate fantasy value in my league. Is he just a 50pt guy with no periphials? Will he be overpaid next contract in terms of perceived fantasy value? And ofc Point is looking good.
    Any thoughts here? Hope it all made sense.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Trading for a young defenceman - cheap $$$

Tkachuk is probably the best option of the three to trade away for a young dman like Pulock, I'm just not sure Pulock will be as good as the prognosticators have him. He has had ample opportunity to prove his worth to the Islanders, but he hasn't seized it yet. Two of the three forwards (Tkachuk and Point) have surely shown their worth, and Patrick looks like a no-brainer. Any other dmen (Theodore, Provorov as examples) who you could target?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer all the players he's asking for from you more than the players you mentioned that are available, including Pulock. IF Pulock ever gets to his potential then I can see making that type of deal but it makes zero sense for you to make that trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Tkachuk is probably the best option of the three to trade away for a young dman like Pulock, I'm just not sure Pulock will be as good as the prognosticators have him. He has had ample opportunity to prove his worth to the Islanders, but he hasn't seized it yet. Two of the three forwards (Tkachuk and Point) have surely shown their worth, and Patrick looks like a no-brainer. Any other dmen (Theodore, Provorov as examples) who you could target?
    Not sure I agree that he's had ample opportunity between injuries and healthy scratches. Certainly on board that he still has work to do but I feel the Islanders are more to blame than is Pulock at this stage. I would still add Pulock and hope the Islanders make a deal to either get him in the lineup or trade him to a team that will.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Zacha the most of the extras to add guys you list.

That said, I'm not sure I'd give up one of those 3 forwards, as they are either more proven (Tkachuk/Point) or high upside as well (Patrick).

I suspect if you shop Patrick, you could perhaps get a Provorov level player.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would not trade any of those three for pulock
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would not trade any of those three for pulock
    I know. That's why the owner is offering more.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I doubt he's going to add anything spectactular to move the needle for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    if you're seeking for a second player to add to a deal to try and stretch the return value for the forwards you currently have.. then you know you should hold.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4