Thread: By far the biggest offer Ive ever made...

The Great One

Default By far the biggest offer Ive ever made...

Ok re-wording this- I need some feedback.

How far is the distance between Boeser and Matthews right now? How far is it next year?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: By far the biggest offer Ive ever made...

Boeser is having an absolutely incredible rookie year, far surpassing just about anyone's expectations. Is that sustainable? I'm saying no. Matthews is following up a 69 point rookie season with a ppg sophomore campaign. Right now the numbers are similar. Will that continue, again I'm saying no. I'm expecting Matthews to continue on or near a ppg pace and expecting Boeser to undergo a bit of a market adjustment so to speak. In the long term I believe Matthews is the better offensive player. I'm not knocking Boeser here, but I don't think he will out perform Matthews in both the short or the long term. How much of a distance? That's a tough one. 5 - 10?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would prefer Matthews over Boeser.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Still think you are buying high on Boesser.

One thing I will say is that perhaps the cap aspect would help your argument. I expect Matthews to get a monster 2nd contract. While I expect Boeser to get paid, I don't think it will be anywhere close to Matthews deal. And you get 1 more year of ELC.

So I guess it's possible that on a points-per-dollar basis, this maybe works out?

That said, I still think you should be able to get a plus if you are moving Matthews. A pretty big plus at that.\

The Great One

I goat Aho "thrown in" and a Shea Weber transfrmed into a Dougie Hamilton.

Im still not sold I came out ahead though. Im a big Matthews fan. I might have out "clevered" myself here. I do like the extra pieces I got though...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see an offer, but I think for a cap league with forward positions, Boeser and Matthews are likely roughly equal, since you get 1 extra cheap year of Boeser at a wing spot which is harder to fill. You should be able to get some other good stuff coming back, since Matthews is seen as a Leafs superstar.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I got aho thrown in and switched out weber and his contract for dougie hamilton- dynasty cap keeper

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I goat Aho "thrown in" and a Shea Weber transfrmed into a Dougie Hamilton.

Im still not sold I came out ahead though. Im a big Matthews fan. I might have out "clevered" myself here. I do like the extra pieces I got though...
    I think you made a smart trade considering it's a dynasty cap league. In cap leagues, it's all about value and if Matthews gets that rumored McDavid contract, he won't be able to provide value anymore. I hope it's Carolina's Aho you got but even without him, Boeser and Hamilton for Matthews and Weber isn't bad in a cap league. If you also got Carolina's Aho on top of that, then all I can say is nicely done.

Dynasty cap leagues are so different from all other leagues, that's important to remember. That would be a horrible trade in a non-cap keeper league, and even in a limited keeper league with salary cap I wouldn't love it. It's difficult to properly valuate players in dynasty cap leagues.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think you made a smart trade considering it's a dynasty cap league. In cap leagues, it's all about value and if Matthews gets that rumored McDavid contract, he won't be able to provide value anymore. I hope it's Carolina's Aho you got but even without him, Boeser and Hamilton for Matthews and Weber isn't bad in a cap league. If you also got Carolina's Aho on top of that, then all I can say is nicely done.

Dynasty cap leagues are so different from all other leagues, that's important to remember. That would be a horrible trade in a non-cap keeper league, and even in a limited keeper league with salary cap I wouldn't love it. It's difficult to properly valuate players in dynasty cap leagues.
    Ok- interesting- and good news!! This is my first cap league and its a dynasty too- so the learning curve has been pretty steep. Ftr it was the Carolina Aho- and Im biased there as hes one of my favorite players...

Dobber Sports Superstar

As an add-on to what JP said, the cap also needs to be factor. If the cap is 200M, and your salary is only 100M (exagerated, I know) then it doesn't work out for you. Just make sure you're putting those dollars to good use. If you have too much cap room, you're wasting productivity (unless you are planning ahead and expecting your current contracts to jump and use up that current space).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    As an add-on to what JP said, the cap also needs to be factor. If the cap is 200M, and your salary is only 100M (exagerated, I know) then it doesn't work out for you. Just make sure you're putting those dollars to good use. If you have too much cap room, you're wasting productivity (unless you are planning ahead and expecting your current contracts to jump and use up that current space).
    Our cap is 105 sorry I should have included that. I find its tight but not too bad. Kreider is likely out for the year so I suddenly have a bit of room- not tons but maybe 3 mil or so. Other thatn that Im right up against it and thats even after trading Weber in this deal- lol! How i Hamilton not on pp1??? Sorry venting- thats for another thread I guess. Hes usually a second half player but Dmen need taht pp1 cheesecake...