Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch Documentaries?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Do you watch Documentaries?

I spend quite a bit of my time watching different documentaries. Everyday I watch at least one documentary actually. They are usually about anything from Crime Families, History of Hockey, Prison, Death Penalty, Street Gangs, gambling, or any random topic/famous person I find on YouTube. Do you watch many documentaries yourself? Do you think they are helpful in terms of making you smarter in any way? I just find those a lot more interesting to watch than a mindless cartoon episode or a TV Drama series. Any that you guys would recommend watching? I find any Loui Theroux documentaries are all gold and worth the watch.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Do you watch Documentaries?

Much like my reading habits (autobiographies), I enjoy watching documentaries on people, or bands, or any type of true story. Netflix is awesome for documentaries.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Much like my reading habits (autobiographies), I enjoy watching documentaries on people, or bands, or any type of true story. Netflix is awesome for documentaries.
    That is great you have a reading habit. Suppose to be mighty good for your level of English.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm a sucker for most crime docs

Dobber Sports Pro

I like documentaries too. Usually war related or docs on bands the best.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Sage

I love documentaries. Excellent way to learn things, should probably be utilized in schools more. Just recently finished Ken Burns' The Vietnam War. Absolutely outstanding in every way, a must-see IMO.

Dobber Sports Guru

Taught a 2-week course where we watched one per day. A couple fun ones to check out:

Exit Through the Gift Shop - debtable whether it?s actually documentary or art film, but great.

Raiders - must watch. Hilarious. Teens recreate Indiana Jones scene by scene.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you're interested in the form itself, check out Stories We Tell http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/stories_we_tell by Sarah Polley.

Not about a crime, or a band, but its an innovative approach to uncovering personal family truths. And it stretches what documentary can do.

The Great One

Yea Ive always liked documkentaries. Was very proud (and blown away)- when my 8 yo daughter had access to netflix and her recommended viewing was all coming up as documentaries. When she was unsupervised AND had a shton of cartoons to distract her- I guess she was picking out almost all documentaries- lol!!! Now we watch them together on visits- so Im taking in more than my usual share of documentaries lately- and lovin it!!! Last couple we've done insects and specifically ants- spoiler alert- ant life is pretty crazy stuff...

Dobber Sports Sage

Have been watching The Toys that Made Us on Netflix. Star Wars and GI Joe were excellent. Not sure if I'll watch Barbie or He Man.

I watch most war documentaries. Loved the How it's Made and Modern Marvels on the History Channel. How the Earth was Made is my all time favorite documentary.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Love docs... war, crime are huge on my list. Also serial killers are especially interesting. It’s gonna get ould was awesome. Jack white, jimmy page amd the edge sat down, jammed, talked about their roots and influences... man jack white gained some serious creative respects there
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Love docs... war, crime are huge on my list. Also serial killers are especially interesting. It’s gonna get ould was awesome. Jack white, jimmy page amd the edge sat down, jammed, talked about their roots and influences... man jack white gained some serious creative respects there
    I watch a lot of serial killer ones too. Also interviews of people on death row are very interesting. There is a documentary of Wanda Jean Allen which was very interesting and sad at the same time. Made me dislike the death penalty even more.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I watch a lot of serial killer ones too. Also interviews of people on death row are very interesting. There is a documentary of Wanda Jean Allen which was very interesting and sad at the same time. Made me dislike the death penalty even more.
    I’ve read close to 40 books on serial killers, bunny and dahmer & gacy stand out based on their victim selection
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes enjoy docs.

Not necessarily documentary, but similar type topic Band of Brothers is a must watch mini series.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    "It Might Get Loud" is a terrific doc with Jack White and the Edge at Jimmy Page's mansion/studio.