Thread: Trading Stamkos

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trading Stamkos

I have flubbed this year, so I am looking to get rid of some of the inevitable salary I won't be able to keep. Can only keep around 39M.

Been offered Panarin (6M), 3rd, Shea Theodore (as prospect) for Stamkos. I would have to probably bump PL Dubois up from prospect in order to stash Theodore (contract needed for him next year), so Dubois would add 0.894K.

I figure Stamkos is at an unsustainable level right now, but yeah he's maybe back to 90pts this year. Is the downgrade to Panarin worth it?

Saves me (6+0.894 - 8.5) = 1.6M
    and adds a 3rd and Theodore ( I have all forward prospects )

Seems a pretty good haul considering PK went for 1st, Malkin just went for 2nd and eberle, Kessel went for Drouin + Buchnevich....

Prices go way down in the summer, so draft picks garner you a lot then. Not likely I get this kind of return then. But maybe yes if he stays healthy ? Is he worth 22% of my cap?
    17 teams - Pts only, cap hit league (not using bonuses) - Keep $39.255 million
    [Start 7F, 4D, 2G + 6 reserve]
    6 prospects

F: Draisaitl(8.5), Stamkos(8.5), Kopitar(10), Ehlers(6), Seguin(5.75), Rantanen(0.894), Guentzel(0.734), Anders Bjork(0.925), Niederrieter, Stepan
    D:Byfuglien(7.6), Carlson(?), Muzzin(4), Montour(?), Pulock(?), DeAngelo(0.925)
    G: Holtby(6.1), Jones (?)
    Prospects: PL Dubois, Mittelstadt, Suzuki, Tippett, Tolvanen, Terry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trading Stamkos

He doesn't cost 22% of your cap, but he costs 22% of your keepable cap.

I see the guys as no-brainers:

6.10 Holtby
    5.75 Seguin
    6.00 Ehlers
    .894 Rantanen
    .734 Guentzel
    .925 Bjork
    .925 DeAngelo

That's 17.85 for the 3 veterans, and under 4.0 for the youngsters. Leaves you about 18 million in keepable salary. You have room for one of Draisiatl or Stamkos, but probably not both. Getting panarin leaves you room for Muzzin, maybe Jones, etc. You need to figure out if you are keeping Panarin, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

does theo qualify as a prospect or as a keeper option?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Is Panarin at that salary even a keeper for you? If not, this deal becomes Stamkos for Theodore and a 3rd, and that is not a very good return for Stamkos.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I’d just keep,stammer at 8.5. One of the few earning it
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    does theo qualify as a prospect or as a keeper option?
    I would move PL Dubois up to active roster and pay for him (894K) for the next two seasons. I'd put Theo in my prospects until I'd be required to promote him next preseason draft day (must promote at 23yo).
    6 prospects

F: Draisaitl(8.5), Stamkos(8.5), Kopitar(10), Ehlers(6), Seguin(5.75), Rantanen(0.894), Guentzel(0.734), Anders Bjork(0.925), Niederrieter, Stepan

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is Panarin at that salary even a keeper for you? If not, this deal becomes Stamkos for Theodore and a 3rd, and that is not a very good return for Stamkos.
    I'm quite confident someone would take Panarin for a package. People in this league have bizarre valuations of guys. Every summer Brent Burns moves to a new team cuz no one wants to pay that much for a singler player.
    6 prospects