Thread: Holiday roster assessment - goalies (will rep!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Holiday roster assessment - goalies (will rep!)

Hey gang, roster & settings in sig.

I assumed my roster was an unstoppable juggernaut, but I'm in 4th, and have a lot of ground to cover to catch #1. I'm hoping to do so before the end of the H2H regular season, because most of the prize pot is paid out then. I'm in win-now mode, but also positioned reasonably well for the future.

What the heck should I do with my goaltenders? I'm thinking I should try to consolidate value a little, because not only do I have too many bodies up front (should get a #3 goalie or something instead), but all of them are well above the value of any FA options (except maybe Wennberg). Given my format, A #3 goalie putting up good percentages who plays a lot of off-night games would be good for me, so I can work him into my lineup better. Someone like Mike Smith comes to mind, but he wouldn't come cheap.

Noteworthy FA options - Lehner, Markstrom, Greiss, Dell, Hutton, Kuemper, Stalock, etc... not a lot out there

Possible trade targets:

Crawford - owner is rebuilding (might be able to swing a Talbot deal of some kind, hopefully where he adds but I dunno if he'd take it, my league is weird)
    Quick - owner is also rebuilding (see above)
    Dubnyk - owner is also rebuilding (see above)
    Luongo - owner is competing but Luongo is his #4 goalie... I think this is the most readily available of the bunch
    Schneider - owner is almost out of the playoff hunt, doesn't seem overly high on him

Any thoughts on who to go after? Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Holiday roster assessment - goalies (will rep!)

Talbot would have been my choice as a buy low ish. He's showing in your signature already though so is that a done deal?

Edit I mis read the Crawford point. Personally I like Talbot and Murray going forward. Both are primed to have a better 2nd half. Frustrating I know but I'd stand pat.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

If you really want a 3rd I'd target Crawford or quick but not at the expense of Talbot or Murray. I'd be prepared to give up staal or Wennberg and one of your bottom wingers.

If that isn't enough is probably hold what you have and stream/cherry pick starts from free agency if needed.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to target anyone except Luongo as your 3rd goalie.

Normally Dubnyk would be pricey, but since he's hurt, you might be able to get him pretty cheaply, relatively to shore things up later when he returns. The other guys would be useful depending on how much their schedule works for you. I'd probably try to figure out which 2 have the best schedule, and look at them.

I'd do the same with FA options, but I wouldn't want Lehner.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Talbot would have been my choice as a buy low ish. He's showing in your signature already though so is that a done deal?

Edit I mis read the Crawford point. Personally I like Talbot and Murray going forward. Both are primed to have a better 2nd half. Frustrating I know but I'd stand pat.
    So frustrating. I feel like cutting bait on Talbot as a keeper, and instead keeping only one goalie, and more skaters (I have Giroux, Voracek and Klingberg, all are very much in the keeper conversation). If I could sell him to a rebuilding team for an older non-keeper goalie with better percentages, and get picks in the process, it would help me both this year and beyond.