Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bennett

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Sam Bennett

Just think he needs his own thread after last night's performance. Keep it coming brother.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sam Bennett

A thread to crap on Sam Bennett! I love it!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

has he caught up to his draft buddy Reinhart yet ?

Dobber Sports Master

I tried to get him cheaply when he was sitting on zero points, but the other GM was stubbornly holding on to him. This is probably why he did that.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I tried to get him cheaply when he was sitting on zero points, but the other GM was stubbornly holding on to him. This is probably why he did that.
    Ya, I have been trying to get him on the cheap as well but no luck. I wasn;t going to pay top prospect price for a guy who simply isn't getting it done, but if I could get him cheap enough, I was willing to take the gamble. People are stubborn on him still.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A thread to crap on Sam Bennett! I love it!
    you mean.. another one. heh

I dropped him earlier in the year, luckily I nabbed him a week ago again... good thing, I traded Theodore 1-1 for him... man that felt like an awful deal through the 1st six weeks of having bennett
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

He has these hot flashes every season so far for 5-10 games or so multiple times a season then falls off a cliff again. Until he establishes some consistency I am hesitant to nab him.

That's not crapping on him so much as telling it like it is.

In his 2015-16 season from oct 28th to Nov 13th over 9 games he had 10 points. And between Jan 11th and Jan 21st over 5 games, he had 8 goals. And between feb 6th and 11th over 3 games he had 6 points. So 21 of his 36 points that season came from these hot flashes where he had multi point games. But you also strap in for several 8-10 game pointless streaks and a smattering of 4 game pointless streaks.

last year was more spotty. He had 6 points in 4 games early on in October after being pointless for 5 games, then he went pointless for a long stretch before 3 more multi point games in november/early Dec, but surrounding those multi point games are a void of nothing. He finished the year with 26 points, so his 5 multipoint games early on accounted for 11 of his points. The other 15 points were put up over 71 games.

I want consistency before committing
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Titan

I think we may see him turning corner as long as he stays on wing. His shift occurred just a little before he started turning things around. He may not be a 70 point player ever, but he can certainly be a 55 point guy with some decent peripherals.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think we may see him turning corner as long as he stays on wing. His shift occurred just a little before he started turning things around. He may not be a 70 point player ever, but he can certainly be a 55 point guy with some decent peripherals.
    I'm inclined to agree... I'd like to see him hit a bit more than he has so far this year... get back up to 2 per game.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The upside has always been there for that type of production. I do like his chances on the wing than down the middle.

Dobber Sports Jedi

he def. seems more comfortable on the wing

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Bennett has looked VERY good lately, I have to admit.
    He's playing with confidence (finally!) and meshing well with Jankowski, who is the real engine on that line.
    But I've seen enough of Sam's lousy side to know it's too early to say he's turned a corner. It's definitely fun to see what he's capable of when he's on a roll.
    perhaps the corner is in sight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bennett or Dubois ROS?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    Bennett or Dubois ROS?
    I'm not sold on Bennett being for real yet... so Dubois (who's also getting top line min)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm not sold on Bennett being for real yet... so Dubois (who's also getting top line min)
    Yeah I was leaning that way... both on waivers and I have top priority ...