Thread: Talbot for Granlund

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Talbot for Granlund

Hey folks, my 20 keeper team is a bit of a dumpster fire other than in goal so I offered up my goalies to see what I could get and one of the offers was Mikael Granlund for Talbot. My other goalies are Crawford and Hellebuyck. Forward categories are standard without +/- and includes one category which combines hits, PIMs, and blocked shots. Thoughts on this?

Cheers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Talbot for Granlund

Welcome to the forums.

Personally, that offer is not very good. I'd want a lot more than Granlund for Talbot. A LOT more, even with Talbot's crappy start to the season.

I said this in a different thread. If you are going to trade your strengths, do it to improve your weaknesses. I dont know what the rest of your roster looks like (I recommend creating a signature with that in it, or at the very least, you should share that with your post) but I have a hard time seeing Granlund being a big improvement.

Easy no thanks for me without a major addition to Granlund.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks. I don't know why it took me this long to jump into a forum. I added my team to the signature. This league is just awful for trade offers in general. My other offers were my Crawford and Sanheim for Tim Heed and Barrie, then he came back with Milano and Morrissey for the same two, and I also have Crawford and a 5th rounder for Ho-Sang, Elliot, and a 4th rounder.
    Last edited by BestServedCold44; December 18, 2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: New offer
    12 GM 20 Player Keeper - Cap
    G, A, (Special Teams Points+GWG), Shots, (Hits+PIMs+Blocks)
    Saves, Save %, Goalie Points (3 per win + 2 for shutout, 1 point for OTL/SOL)
    Daily Starts - 4 C/ 4 LW/ 4 RW / 6 D / 2 G
    F - Malkin, Monahan, N. Schmaltz, Dvorak, Connor, W. Karlsson, Landeskog, T. Wilson, Kessel, Pastrnak, R. Strome, Teravainen, Perlini, S. Reinhart, N. Ritchie, Schwartz

D - Keith, Ekblad, Suter, Gudas, Theodore, Sanheim

G - Crawford, Talbot, Hellebuyck

FARM​ - Fischer, D. Strome, Honka, Vrana, Tippett

Dobber Sports Jedi

none of those are good offers... I'd counter asking for a real good 2nd piece be added to Granlund
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

And that 2nd piece better be pretty good.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the input! I'll fish around and see if he wants to add something. With three of eight points coming from goalies, it may just be worth holding onto all three for another year.
    F - Malkin, Monahan, N. Schmaltz, Dvorak, Connor, W. Karlsson, Landeskog, T. Wilson, Kessel, Pastrnak, R. Strome, Teravainen, Perlini, S. Reinhart, N. Ritchie, Schwartz

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BestServedCold44 View Post
    Thanks for the input! I'll fish around and see if he wants to add something. With three of eight points coming from goalies, it may just be worth holding onto all three for another year.
    I normally try to own 3 bonafide starters at all times in 12-team leagues. Insulates from injury & allows you to run out stud after stud after stud
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I normally try to own 3 bonafide starters at all times in 12-team leagues. Insulates from injury & allows you to run out stud after stud after stud
    Yeah I shouldn't complain. Hopefully some of the prospects pan out to help out my skater categories. Thanks again!

Dobber Sports Sage

Welcome to the forum. My 2 c, in a keep 20 id prefer you hold Talbot. The offer stinks and he gets as many or more starts than any other goalie in the league. Oilers are better than this and will continue to get better. It's a terrible time to sell Talbot with the slow start and coming off an injury, other gm is trying to buy low.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by BestServedCold44 View Post
    Thanks. I don't know why it took me this long to jump into a forum. I added my team to the signature. This league is just awful for trade offers in general. My other offers were my Crawford and Sanheim for Tim Heed and Barrie, then he came back with Milano and Morrissey for the same two, and I also have Crawford and a 5th rounder for Ho-Sang, Elliot, and a 4th rounder.
    Dear god, that's terrible too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Dear god, that's terrible too.
    It gets better... I was also asked for Talbot and my 1st rounder for Josh Bailey... I really wish I was joking.