Thread: When Ryan Ellis comes back for Nashville, where does he play on which line and PP? Will rep.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default When Ryan Ellis comes back for Nashville, where does he play on which line and PP? Will rep.

I picked up Ekholm so wondering what's going to happen to him? Also Ellis free agent may want to pick him up and have both Ekholm and Ellis. His he worth pick up over anyone on my team in sig. Any thoughts. Thanks
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: When Ryan Ellis comes back for Nashville, where does he play on which line and PP? Will rep.

He's definitely someone I would want to pick up and I would take him over Ekholm. Him being out is a big reason for the uptick in Ekholms production.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: When Ryan Ellis comes back for Nashville, where does he play on which line and PP? Will rep.

Now with Turris on the team Nashville can roll 2 solid PP units. As of now:
    PP1-Johansen-Forsberg-Smith-Subban-Arvidsson
    PP2-Fiala-Turris-Sissons-Ekholm-Josi

Sisson is the odd man out when Ellis come back. They could roll 2 units with 2 Ds but I guess that Ekholm will lost a lot of pp time to Ellis. BTW Hartnell is also an option on the PP.
    With Ellis back the PP untts could look like this:

PP1-Johansen-Forsberg-Smith-Subban-Arvidsson
    PP2-Fiala-Turris-Hartnell-Ellis-Josi
    or something like that
    PP1-Johansen-Forsberg-Josi-Subban-Arvidsson
    PP2-Fiala-Turris-Smith-Ellis-Ekholm
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nashville did use four D-men on the PP during the playoffs, so it's possible they continue doing that when Ellis comes back. But yes, it's also possible Ekholm loses his PP spot.

I think they were using Subban and Ellis on one unit, and Josi and Ekholm on another. I thought it would be better to have one right-handed shot and one left-handed shot on each unit but I guess they didn't think so.

Dobber Sports Titan

The biggest thing is him jumping back on a pairing with Josi at even strength, likely sticking Ekholm and Subban back as the other pair.

Ellis will end up either with full PP2 deployment, or minimal PP deployment, so there's some value there, but it's not gigantic. He'll pace for 35-40 points, which means likely 15-20 points in the half a season he plays.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Ryan Ellis also is eligible to be a keeper in our league. (Due to injury I drafted in rd 10 so can be keeper.) But had to drop him due to Carter Injury. Probably going to have drop a d to make rm for Ellis. Sent out some rep.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The biggest thing is him jumping back on a pairing with Josi at even strength, likely sticking Ekholm and Subban back as the other pair.

Ellis will end up either with full PP2 deployment, or minimal PP deployment, so there's some value there, but it's not gigantic. He'll pace for 35-40 points, which means likely 15-20 points in the half a season he plays.
    I defer to the in house preds expert here
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4