Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Have any of you thought about writing a book?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Have any of you thought about writing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I thought of this idea too but don't think my life has been THAT interesting thus far.
    One word...embellishment. My book idea is very loosely based on experiences and characters from my 13 months in Afghanistan (Kabul). Lots of embellishment because most of my time there would be boring for most people to read. Embellishment.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    One word...embellishment. My book idea is very loosely based on experiences and characters from my 13 months in Afghanistan (Kabul). Lots of embellishment because most of my time there would be boring for most people to read. Embellishment.
    That is some great advice. I'd love to read your book when you finish it. 13 months in Afghanistan is pretty cool. Would be cool to have a sit down and have a conversation about that place, were you a service member by any chance?

Dobber Sports Ninja

That is some great advice. I'd love to read your book when you finish it. 13 months in Afghanistan is pretty cool. Would be cool to have a sit down and have a conversation about that place, were you a service member by any chance?
    Still serving, just behind a desk in Ottawa now. I haven't worked on my book idea in several years - just been too busy with other things. One day.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Still serving, just behind a desk in Ottawa now. I haven't worked on my book idea in several years - just been too busy with other things. One day.
    Thanks for everything you have done in your line of work. I bet you have a lot of interesting stories to tell. You'll get your book done in time

Dobber Sports Icon

That would be cool, I thought of this idea too but don't think my life has been THAT interesting thus far. Once my book gets published and gets made into a movie and I'm receiving the royalties on it then i might get pretty good, lol.
    Haha, like Comish said you could embellish. Or you could take my route and meet an absolute nutjob on Tinder that completely changes the course of your life in an irrevocable and infuriating but ultimately satisfying way. Probably easier and less stressful to go with Comish haha
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm about 1100 words into the book. Took only an hour to do that! I find it very easy to write. Been thinking about the story for awhile so it's coming along nicely.

Dobber Sports Monster

This is fun.
    Last edited by StuntMan12; January 17, 2018 at 11:03 AM.