Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading McDavid

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trading McDavid

I'm looking for opinions on what would be fair return as I'm looking to move Mcdavid before his contract kicks in next year.

The league is very deep with 16 teams and 24 active roster spots

I...am your father.

Default Re: Trading McDavid

What were you thinking? We could comment on the ideas you have. I'm not in a cap league so it's tough for me to say because normally I would just never trade McDavid ever. And to me, asking for Karlsson, top picks and top prospects is fair.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

Trading McDavid is certainly not something I recommend, even with his big contract kicking in. I currently own him in one of my cap leagues and I started moving assets to clear cap prior to him even signing. He got a little more then I expected but I should still be able to make it work for a few years anyway.

My recommendation, do a search for McDavid and check out some of the other threads involving him and trades that may or may not have happened. You can also see various posts about different offers that may have come through with opinions on those offers.

Every league is different so evaluation will vary. If you are going to trade him, I recommend trying to improve other areas you are weak in and get all you can get.

Good luck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd rather have McD on a 12.5m deal with a waiver plug, than two Lucic's.
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Very difficult to answer without seeing your team, or knowing anything about how your league works (points only, multicat, roto, h2n)? Market value of a player is greatly impacted by league set up, and we don't know anything about your league!

Dobber Sports Ace

In my salary cap league, I would trade McDavid (12.5 M) for, say, Forsberg (6 M) and Scheifele (6.125 M). I'm not sure if you could fetch that sort of return or not. It really depends on the guys in your league, whether you use real salary cap, etc.

There are a number of young guys on long term $6-7 million contracts (Pastrnak, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Forsberg, etc.) who I would take two of in exchange for McDavid, but I would not take an $8+ million guy and a $4 million guy for him. I would also try to get draft picks and/or positional upgrades in such a trade, as well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yeah, a lot more info is needed, your roster, cat-set up... cap limit... etc. I’d be tempted to find a way to keep him. Cap is also going up next year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for all the reply's,Here a look at my team its a H2H league and I should note that I currently have the most points in the league.
    Screenshot_20171218-102927.pngScreenshot_20171218-102942.pngScreenshot_20171218-103043.pngScreenshot_20171218-103052.png
    The offers I have so far are
    offer #1
    Noaln Patrick
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Tyson Jost
    2018 4th

Offer #2
    Monohan
    Steel
    2018 3rd

Offer #3
    Huberdeau
    Buchnevich
    Cholowsk

Obviously offer #1 is the best offer but I have yet to counter offer the other two, what are your thought?

Dobber Sports Jedi

for mcdavid? hard pass - no counters for me... Trade away Sedin and ROR for peanuts - 14m and you keep McDavid (together they match McD's production. Keep the stud, move the duds

Dobber Sports Stud

You don't trade McDavid.

This is a guy who will likely win the Art Ross or at least be top 3 every year for the next 10 years.

Do you see all the people complaining about players they acquired no longer scoring in the top 10 like EVERYWHERE? Why would you trade the sure thing?

Everywhere every year
    "OMG, Voracek scored top 5, now he sucks wtf??"
    "omg, Seguin has only been 7th in scoring once since winning the art ross. Now he is not top 10"
    "omg, what's wrong with Tavares??? He was 2nd in scoring now he is out of the top 10 for years"
    "OMG, Crosby and Malkin and Stamkos are injured again"
    "What's wrong with kuznetsov? What's wrong with panarin? What's wrong with Patrick Kane? Why isn't he scoring 45 goals and 106 points again??? What's wrong with Draisaitl??? What's wrong with Matthews? What's wrong with Eichel??? What's wrong with Laine? What's wrong with Burns??? What's wrong with karlsson????

Do you know who you are all but guaranteed NOT to hear that about often(barring the odd injury here and there if we get unlucky?) Conor McDavid
    He is a generational prospect who is living up to the hype offensively. He has been sick and unwell puking his guts up every game for the first month , losing 20 pounds, and he is STILL in the top scoring race.

Pay the cap hit
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

the Sedin brothers are UFA anyways.

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eagletrousers View Post
    offer #1
    Noaln Patrick
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Tyson Jost
    2018 4th

Offer #2
    Monohan
    Steel
    2018 3rd

Offer #3
    Huberdeau
    Buchnevich
    Cholowsk

Obviously offer #1 is the best offer but I have yet to counter offer the other two, what are your thought?

OFFER # 1 - um, is this a serious offer
    OFFER # 2 - nope, not a chance
    OFFER # 3 - Hahahaha, get bent!

These are no where close to what you should even be considering, or using brain space thinking about. You need to get and offer like Ovechkin, Mark Stone and Burns (3-1) before you start seriously considering a move.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    the Sedin brothers are UFA anyways.
    his posted roster is showing D Sedin on the Wing.

Dobber Sports Ace

None of those offers are good enough.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    his posted roster is showing D Sedin on the Wing.
    He is worried about next season when McDavid's 13.25 million cap hit takes effect. By which point, the Sedin's contracts are history

McDavid C