Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Karlsson's next team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Karlsson's next team

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Similar ice-time, similar production, different playing style.

There are few that would agree with me because it is not what the masses agree with, but I do not think that Erik Karlsson is a generational Defenceman. I am not arguing his talents, I am not arguing his point totals - I am saying that in my opinion - and I speak only for myself, He is not one of the best defencemen of all-time. There is more to being a defenceman than putting up points.

If he was one of the greatest defencemen of all-time, we would see it almost every game - I, for one, do not see it that often. He was pretty damn good in many aspects of his game in last year's playoffs in most games - I will say that.
    Mike green and Erik Karlsson aren’t comparable. Green came out of nowhere and played on a high flying caps team with ovechkin backstroke semin etc. He didn’t control a game or play the same way as Karlsson and wa Denver as highly touted. Karlsson is a special talent that hasn’t been seen in years

hes finally looking like his old self as well lately. That injury really skewed reality and screwed up his summer and training camp. You’re right that there’s more to points - when he’s on his game it’s way more than points. He controls all areas of the game like no other . At the start of this year he put up a lot of points but was not the same player at all.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Question Re: Karlsson's next team

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Karlsson took a discount on his last contract during his prime years in Ottawa. There is zero chance he takes a discount to play anywhere on his next contract.

He will make as much money as he can on his next contract to try and make up for that discount and it will be wherever they will pay him.

Personally, unless Melnyk is gone, I don't think it will be in Ottawa. If Melnyk's out and the next owner is willing to spend, that changes things, but that's hypothetical at this point.
    Karlsson didnt take a discount last time, he outplayed the contract but it wasn?t a discount when he signed it. He only had one great year at that time

in my opinion he will sign in Ottawa for 11-12 milloon

Dobber Sports Genius

He just married an Ottawa girl and she is pregnant. The Sens would really have to muff it up for him to leave town. Therfore, Vegas.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Would Florida not be an ideal landing spot....they have loads of young pieces and are a team wanting to compete now to get butts in the seats.

Could offer a tempting package of Ekblad ++ to land a premier Dman.

- - - Updated - - -

And the no tax thing is tempting for EK to want to accept a deal there
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg