Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson's next team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Karlsson's next team

So it looks like the odds of Karlsson staying in Ottawa are on the slim side. Who does everyone hope end ends up with? Especially us dynasty league owners of him......
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Karlsson's next team

TBCH... I think he resigns.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Stays in Ottawa. Just like Stamkos did in TB. The speculation was rampant that Stammer was leaving TB and then it he signed a big deal with them.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

Ottawa. It would be sucide for the Senators organization if they let him go.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Stays in Ottawa. Just like Stamkos did in TB. The speculation was rampant that Stammer was leaving TB and then it he signed a big deal with them.
    I remember years ago, living in Nova Scotia, the Atlantic News network lit a van on fire and lead with it as the top story as arson... There was no local news to report. So they made their own... this is 90% of UFA/trade rumours these days. Sooo f----ing annoying
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

There's a very slim chance he doesn't resign. He's the current figurehead of the franchise. IMO he's the last player on that team that gets moved.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Deity

I will be surpised if he isnt traded the summer hes a free agent.

Maybe he follows his ole buddy Alfie and his route to Detroit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Stays in Ottawa, or sign with a California team, Burns will be near the end when EK hits f/a - off to the sunshine.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

He signs with the Quebec City Senators. Melnyk will not be able to finalize a downtown arena and move the team rather than selling it.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

The Great One

Karlsson will re-sign because Ottawa never makes dumb decisions that are financially motivated....

He’s staying in ottawa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    He signs with the Quebec City Senators. Melnyk will not be able to finalize a downtown arena and move the team rather than selling it.
    Zero chance of them ever being moved

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd bet Ottawa, but damn, there's a ton of teams I'd like to see him on starting with my rangers
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Well, let's say he does test FA waters and signs with a different team, if he does that you know he's commanding at least $10mil+ a year, quite possibly upwards of $12mil a year with cap going up maybe $7mil.

Teams that could afford that and would be willing to throw that kind of cash at one player...

Anaheim - Have too much tied up in aging players, plus their D-core is pretty solid, doesn't make a lot of sense for them.
    Arizona - They would have the cap, plus if they did move OEL, Karlsson would be the perfect replacement, problem is Arizona is a cheap team, can't see them giving any player that kind of $$$.
    Boston - If not for McAvoy, could see Boston desperate enough to try to make the numbers work, as is they're already in a cap crunch.
    Buffalo - Doubt it matters what Buffalo wants or doesn't want, highly unlikely Karlsson wants to go to Buffalo the way they're floundering right now.

Calgary - Well...on paper they got one of the best D-core's in league, why not add Karlsson to the mix lol. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Carolina - Patience is a virtue, wait another 2 years or so and they should have maybe the best D-core next to Nashville in the league...patience has never been a virtue of NHL GM's though, so who knows.
    Chicago - hah! They're screwed as it is with Kane's and Toew's contracts, let's add another $12mil to the mix!
    Colorado - See above "Buffalo"

Columbus - Between Werenski and Jones and the wealth of young players and prospects coming up, they'd be ******ed to throw that kind of money at Karlsson.
    Dallas - They already got Karlsson-lite in Klingberg, plus a wealth of young D prospects.
    Detroit - Oh. My. God. Do they ever need a Karlsson type player on their back end...they do have a long history with Swedes as well but they screwed themselves over with the cap, couldn't afford him.
    Edmonton - McDavid and Karlsson on same pp unit...*drools* well, ain't happening with the money tied up in him and Drai, one can dream though lol.

Flordia - They have most of their core locked up long-term and with cap rising could potentially afford that kind of cap hit...I wouldn't be shocked, plus no state tax so they could give him less money but Karlsson ends up taking more home at end of the day...sunshine, team on the rise...I could see this happening.
    LA - LA has 99 problems and trying to sign Karlsson ain't one. They need to focus on Doughty, if they can't afford him they can't afford Karlsson, *soup nazi voice* "NEXT!"
    Minnesota - Well, unless Parise is done, they don't have the cap, if he is...even then.
    Montreal - God I hope not, anything Bergevin touches turns to ash, stay away Karlsson!!

Nashville - Why? lol (Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm)
    NJ - They have the cap, they need the player, NJ has thrown massive $$$ at FA's before *cough* Kovy *Cough*
    NYI - Catch 22. If Taveras leaves, they'll have the cap, but team will be in disarray, doubt Karlsson wants to go to a situation like that. If Isle re-sign Taveras, they won't have the cap.
    NYR - Ah, the perennial Rangers overpaying massively for FA's during free agency, just based off history alone I'd say this is a possibility. If not for the Shat signing this year, I'd put it even as likely.

Ottawa - Well, if Ottawa has been burnt to the ground after the riots, we'll know Karlsson didn't re-sign here, if there's still a city, he did
    Philly - I may have made a mistake earlier, give it two years and Philly will have THE best D-core in the league, god damn. Karlsson makes any team better, but this is a team that prob needs him the least long-term.
    Pittsburgh - Players have taken discounts before for a go at the cup...the discount Karlsson would have to take to make this work would be astronomical though!
    San Jose - SJ just spent a fortune on keeping Burns, not enough in the piggy bank for Karlsson now.

St Louis - If they let Stastny walk end of year, between that and cap rise, they could potentially afford it, but they already got a stud in Piets and a very solid D-core with lot of young promising prospects.
    Tampa Bay - Well, the rich do like to get richer...unfortunately if they want any possibility of being able to re-sign Kucherov and Vash in the future, this ain't happening...too bad they gave Kuch that bridge deal.
    Toronto - NOPE.
    Vancouver - Well, in terms of cap space, Vancouver will have it and loads of it and they desperately need an offensive minded D on their back-end. If Eriksson is worth $6mil a year for 6 years, then Karlsson is definitely worth $12mil a year for 8.

Las Vegas - The aforementioned Canucks will have a lot of cap space potentially next summer...Las Vegas will have ALL the cap space, if any team can throw $12-13mil at a player and not flinch it's them. If Karlsson were to leave Ottawa, this destination makes a lot of sense for both sides.
    Washington - Washington is going to have enough trouble keeping their own Carlson let alone trying to grab a flashy, more expensive model.
    Winnipeg - They got cap, they also got new contract kicking in or to give next year or year after to - Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Hellebuyck and Trouba...so, they can have all of that, or Karlsson.

Top five teams most likely to have Karlsson next year, in no particular order.
    Ottawa
    Flordia
    Las Vegas
    Vancouver
    NJ/NYR (Yes I am cheating here, but, I can do that, why, cause my mom said so)
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Veteran

It depends.. A lot of things could happen to force Ottawa to or not to trade him. My guess is that he will be traded to a team in position to make a playoff run and enough cap space BUT he won't resign with that team. As a free agent he will go wherever he wants... its tough to tell 2 years from now. Does he prefers to play in cold city like Ottawa or always sunny California or Florida?! Does he want to win a cup no matter for what city he plays, in what city he lives?!
    I just can not name it... but as a Predators and Devils fan I really hope that New Jersey can be that young talanted team in 2 years with cap space to sing a player like Karlsson :P #keepdreaming
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Wizard

If I was an NHL player, I would only want to play in Tampa. So I'm going to guess Karlsson ends up in Tampa.