Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to fix the NHL All-Star Game

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: How to fix the NHL All-Star Game

Agree with Eric above, but take it one step further. Start All-Star weekend off with skills competitions in each teams cities, then take winners to ASG for a true best/fastest/hardest competition.

Revenue would be a win too. Every city has a skills competition and sells tix.

The Great One

I don't think it can be saved; it's a relic from another time. A series of skills competitions, with money for charity....sure, why not.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Some great suggestions Lucafen4!

Dobber Sports Giant

every player on the winning team gets to kick every player on the losing team in the groin. they'll try harder.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sage

Contact sport all star games are always going to resemble something else. None of them want to get hurt and lots of them are just there to get through it (likely a good chunk would prefer the time off).

The more contact involved in the sport the less it will translate to the actual sport in an all star game.

The last thing the league/players/owner/gms/coaches want is a serious injury at one of these shows.

Some good ideas mentioned but I don't think you can really change the way the all star game is played by the players in a sport like hockey.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Contact sport all star games are always going to resemble something else. None of them want to get hurt and lots of them are just there to get through it (likely a good chunk would prefer the time off).

The more contact involved in the sport the less it will translate to the actual sport in an all star game.

The last thing the league/players/owner/gms/coaches want is a serious injury at one of these shows.

Some good ideas mentioned but I don't think you can really change the way the all star game is played by the players in a sport like hockey.
    I don't think my suggestions change the way the game is played... it does expose the NHL safely into new markets and the effort levels should increase. having players play with intensity and passion would change the product on the ice. The biggest complaint is the lack of effort or passion. Players take their charities seriously... they'd put full effort out... if not the full game... a full 3rd period
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4