Thread: Being Hounded for Risto

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Being Hounded for Risto

Not for League in Sig but same setup.

Manager keeps offering me Palmieri+ for Ristolainen, Theodore, and Sheary. The last offer he sent was:

I get: Bjork, Palmieri, Honka, C Lindgren, and a 2020 4th Rounder
    I give: Risto, Theodore, and Sheary

I'm not wrong in turning this down right? Risto is great for multi cat leagues like mine, Theodore is young and is a solid prospect, and Sheary still is shooting 14.1% and on the top line with Crosby so I'm sure the points will eventually pile on.

I've sent offers to him that include me getting Marner but he turns them down. I'm sitting last in my division so I'm not trying to lose my young talent either. I'm about to just walk away but wondered if you guys had any thoughts to the trade.

Here's his team:
    F: Bailey, Bjork, Callahan, Carr, Clutterbuck, Domi, Hanzal, Labanc, Larkin, Marner, Plekanec, Weal, Galchenyuk, Palmieri
    D: Barrie, Boychuk, I Cole, Dotchin, V Dunn, Krug, Carlo, Edler
    G: Holtby, Forsberg, Grubauer

If he wants those 3 then I feel like he needs to pay a decent price, I know they aren't blowing anyone out of the water with the points they are getting but they have tons of talent so I don't want to just throw them away especially since I'm not even close to winning this year.
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Being Hounded for Risto

you're giving up the best player and the best prospect. I would want to just walk away.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Walk away. Risto is great for multi-cat and Buffalo will probably get their shit together soon enough. If he wants Risto so bad he can pay for him.

The Great One

I don't see a deal to be made here either. Not sure why you'd want to see Risto...seems the wrong time to do that to me.

I think you've done enough due diligence on this and it's just time to move on...

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's the one after Risto and you are under no obligation to trade him, so let him keep bidding himself up until he decides to overpay you. If he doesn't it's no skin off your back. You've got all the leverage.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Deity

Why add in all the crap to muddy the water. If he wants Risto, tell him what you want for Risto. If he doesn't like your price, walk away and keep Risto. Stick to your guns and dont let him determine the deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."