Thread: Namestnikov RW Eligibility?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Namestnikov RW Eligibility?

Is it just me or is RW really thin this season? LW used to be made up of a bunch of low scoring PIM guys, but even at the draft, seemed like quality LW's were in abundance (and even now sitting on WW), while strong RW's dried up quickly after the first 4-5 rounds.

I'm in a head-to-head league with a stacked bench full of LW's I'm unwilling to drop and will be tough to trade. My RW spots are often left wasted.

One big help would be if Namestnikov picks up RW eligibility (Yahoo). Noticed that he played there a bit during their line shuffle a couple weeks ago. Any chance he gets RW anytime soon?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Namestnikov RW Eligibility?

No.

Johnson has played RW for the past few games (1st & 2nd) line and he hasn't even gotten it.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't see it. I believe he has to play at that position for a certain amount of games before most sites (Yahoo, Fantrax, etc) will even consider giving him that designation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't see it. I believe he has to play at that position for a certain amount of games before most sites (Yahoo, Fantrax, etc) will even consider giving him that designation.
    That's the standard method for almost all sites in all sports. Sometimes a commish can tweak it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Right wings are very tough to come by this year.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Isn't the requirement 5 Games Played to gain positional eligibility?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    Not 100% sure to be honest. I think the different options for websites may have varying requirements before offering it as an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    Not 100% sure to be honest. I think the different options for websites may have varying requirements before offering it as an option.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

[QUOTE=Axeman33;1840433]Not 100% sure to be honest. I think the different options for websites may have varying requirements before offering it as an option.[/COLOR]

This is correct in my experience across varying sports and platforms. Some sites allow people to submit tickets to the site, which triggers investigation of eligibility for certain players.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

[QUOTE=stevegamer;1840464]
    Not 100% sure to be honest. I think the different options for websites may have varying requirements before offering it as an option.[/COLOR]

This is correct in my experience across varying sports and platforms. Some sites allow people to submit tickets to the site, which triggers investigation of eligibility for certain players.
    They also have to be prompted to make the changes. If no one asks, it won't happen.

[QUOTE=Axeman33;1840485]
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    They also have to be prompted to make the changes. If no one asks, it won't happen.
    I know that in football if a player changes official depth chart positions significantly, such as moving between RB/QB/WR for football, most sites will get that done. A flip on defense such as CB/S or LB/DE/DT usually doesn't get noticed. Baseball has a long history of games played minimums as the way to determine it, and position is part of the standarad stats package, so that's easy.

I'd suspect a forward to defense (or vice versa) in hockey move gets picked up easily by sites, but not so much breakout of forward positions. Burns & Byfuglien have done that, but it's rare.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainK View Post
    No.

Johnson has played RW for the past few games (1st & 2nd) line and he hasn't even gotten it.
    Well looks like johnson just picked up RW.