Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tarsenko or Matthews

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tarsenko or Matthews

Team 2 in sig. Who is better? Now and later?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Tarsenko or Matthews

Love tank but Matthews all day. He had 40 as a rook and Tank's career high is 40 and goal scoring is Vlad's bread and butter.

Dobber Sports Genius

Matthews, now and later.

Dobber Sports Deity

How many do you start at each position? Losing Tarasneko would be a big blow to your wing position depending on how many you start where as your centers are already pretty good.

H2H, I prefer Matthews but there are other things that need to be considered. Is this a straight up trade or is there more to the offer?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Tank now, Mathews Later

I'm the only one on the on the TANK train...jkjk with your players probably better with Mathews
    Mathews "upper body injury might actually be his back again... not 100% sure but it makes sense"
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd take Matthews then try to re-obtain a high end winger to re-establish that line up balance
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd take Matthews then try to re-obtain a high end winger to re-establish that line up balance
    I agree but the only problem with this train of thought is that there aren't many wingers out there that I like more than Tarasenko and you aren't getting any of those few unless he's dealing away a center of Matthews value.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

head to head I'd take Matthews. but if you compare Matthews to all the top centers and then compare tank to all the top wingers, tank may have equal or more value. again though I do prefer mathews.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    How many do you start at each position? Losing Tarasneko would be a big blow to your wing position depending on how many you start where as your centers are already pretty good.

H2H, I prefer Matthews but there are other things that need to be considered. Is this a straight up trade or is there more to the offer?
    3C start, 6W start.

I?ve sent a trade 1-1. More of an opportunity to buy low on Matthews. Replacing Tank will be difficult, as mentioned, good wingers are hard to come by.

I doubt the trade will be accepted but I wanted to take a shot at it. With his Hall getting hurt again, this may be the opportunity to get Matthews.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    head to head I'd take Matthews. but if you compare Matthews to all the top centers and then compare tank to all the top wingers, tank may have equal or more value. again though I do prefer mathews.
    If the RW position vs. Matthews at centre position matters, then Tarasenko might be the answer. However, Matthews is the better one to own in a keeper.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll start by saying I'm a Leafs fan who adores Matthews and owns Nylander on my pool team.

That said, this year only, I think I take Tarasenko. Matthews has run into injury trouble, and the way Babcock is running the lineup I actually don't think Mathews is going to have a good year this year. He's been flanked by grinders lately and all the talented wingers like Nylander or Marner who SHOULD be playing with Matthews are spread out all over the lineup right now. Not to mention the mind blowing fact that the Bozak unit gets the PP1 time while the Matthews unit is PP2.

Babcock is pushing for a team first, spread out offense approach which is hampering the production of individual players. In other words he doesn't give a crap about our fantasy teams or whether Matthews contends for any hardware. If this trend continues much longer I don't think any Leaf comes close to their fantasy potential this year.

After this year and into the next decade I would say Matthews without question. Right now this team is in some kind of weird development phase where grinding out boring 2-1 games is more important than letting the stars play together or have freedom to be creative. It's frustrating to watch not only as a Nylander owner but a Leafs fan in general.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm a big Tarasenko fan and I feel like he's just flat out the better own for the next couple seasons at least. But I a Habs fan so I'm probably somewhat biased.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

The Great One

While I like Matthews for the long term, if your goal is to win in the next year or two - I think your overall team is stronger with Tank than without him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree but the only problem with this train of thought is that there aren't many wingers out there that I like more than Tarasenko and you aren't getting any of those few unless he's dealing away a center of Matthews value.
    you can get a kessel or marchand at a much cheaper price than Austin Matthews either are going to match or outproduce Tank - points wise... marchand will give him a run in goals as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    Position alone says it is Tank.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall