Thread: Trade Tavares for Benn

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade Tavares for Benn

Got offered Benn for my Tavares. Tavares seems to be doing very well but I am unsure if he can keep up the 45+G and 40+A pace. Maybe the assists will be there. Benn seems to be close to Tavares, with a lot more shots, hits, and PIMs.

I feel as though at aeasons end they will be similar in points but Tavares had a hot start to season while Benn has been quetly consistent?

what do you guys think? Do I do this trade?
    1 Year Points: G(3) | A(2) | +/-(1) | PPP(1) | PIM(1) | SOG(0.4)| SHP(1) | GWG(1) | HIT(0.2)| BKS(0.2)
    GS(0.5) | W(4) | GA(-1) | SV(0.2) | SHO (2)

11 Teams
    | 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G 3BN
    Max Games Played: F: 164 | D: 328 | G: 164

Forwards: Benn | Scheifele | Tarasenko | Marchessault | E. Kane | Palmieri | Schenn | T. Wilson

Defence
    : Burns | Krug | Weber | Klefbom | Gostisbehere

Goalie
    : Andersen | Markstrom | Talbot
    IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trade Tavares for Benn

this is very close. I use a very similar scoring system in one of my pools to yours (PIM +/- H, BLK, SOG, all .25) They're separated by less than 1 fantasy point. I suspect a bit of a gap 6-10pts in favour of JT in your set up as he has 6 more goals than Benn (18pts - some of this clawed back in the 13 sog & 50hit edge Benn has plus PPP extra) .

the one thing I like about Benn, Anderson type players in this set up is they produce fantasy points even when they don't produce points. It's really a lateral move, but I think you end up with a bit more consistent production game to game. So it really comes down to your preference.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In a Hits and PIMs league, I take Benn.

The peripherals Benn provides offset the small increase in points you may potentially get from JT.

Is Tavares going to trend down due to his high SH% while Benn will consistently produce? Or is this trade more of a wash?

Should I offer Pastrnak instead?
    1 Year Points: G(3) | A(2) | +/-(1) | PPP(1) | PIM(1) | SOG(0.4)| SHP(1) | GWG(1) | HIT(0.2)| BKS(0.2)

11 Teams
    | 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G 3BN

Forwards: Benn | Scheifele | Tarasenko | Marchessault | E. Kane | Palmieri | Schenn | T. Wilson

Defence

Goalie
    IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by jamison258 View Post
    Should I offer Pastrnak instead?
    I doubt he considered pastrnak & JT as equals. points wise it's a wash.. but Benn gives you peripherals - hits that JT won't
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

He really likes Pasta and would trade his Benn for Pastrnak. Do I accept? It seems obvious but I’m unsure who would yield more fantasy points ouf of the three. Tavares is shooting near 20% compared to his career avg 13%-14%, I’m expecting regression. What do you guys think?

11 Teams
    | 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G 3BN

Defence

Goalie
    IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He really likes Pasta and would trade his Benn for Pastrnak. Do I accept? It seems obvious but I’m unsure who would yield more fantasy points ouf of the three. Tavares is shooting near 20% compared to his career avg 13%-14%, I’m expecting regression. What do you guys think?
    I'd trade Pastrnak. Even with regression, the Isles seem like an improved team over last year, so I expect production to be up a bit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd deal Pastrnak for Benn.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I wavered a bit when the give was JT, but I won't hesitate to say this now that he will take Pasta:

HELL YES!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy