Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rasmus Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Rasmus Ristolainen

Is this guy legit? Or were my expectations too high? I expected more from him this year. Thinking I should trade him a song I only start 4 D a week and have and alright D group without him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Rasmus Ristolainen

a lot of people called for some regression on him this year. Just, I don't think people expected this much. The entirety of Buffalo - minus E. Kane who's having fabulous year - that's interesting in and of itself - is shitting the bed. In a dynasty, unless you get a glorious return. I'm not moving him. Perhaps benching him over the others that are performing, but too much talent to sell Risto for peanuts
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been pretty disappointed in Risto this season. The injury set him back and after a 2pt night on his return he's done nothing since. In fairness neither has Buffalo.

I'm going to hold him though. Not really any intriguing replacement options out there at the moment.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports All-Star

Risto will start putting up some points again soon. He may not reach the high 40's that many expected but around 40ish is still attainable. In leagues the count hits and blocks he is still putting up solid numbers, 15 hits and blocks last game I believe. I would hold him. All of Buffalo is slumping (minus Kane). Points will come.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    a lot of people called for some regression on him this year. Just, I don't think people expected this much. The entirety of Buffalo - minus E. Kane who's having fabulous year - that's interesting in and of itself - is shitting the bed. In a dynasty, unless you get a glorious return. I'm not moving him. Perhaps benching him over the others that are performing, but too much talent to sell Risto for peanuts
    What about for Vancouver's prospect Pettersson and a 8-12 1st round pick NHL rookie draft this year?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    What about for Vancouver's prospect Pettersson and a 8-12 1st round pick NHL rookie draft this year?
    that depends... where do you sit in the standings? if you're not competing this year... I'm taking Pettersson... he won't be offered after the WJC.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He's the most leaned on player on the Sabres D and is still putting up huge shot numbers. At his career shooting percentage of 4% he'd have 2-3 goals and would be right around that 0.5 point per game mark. Considering Buffalo has been a complete and utter disaster for the first 30 games or so means that his assist totals will be down as well. At a more normalized team scoring rate he'd have added another 2-3 assists as well giving him a total expected point total of 11-13 instead of his current 7.

I have always liked Risto and feel like he's the new Chara. And Chara took 306 games to hit 52 points total. Ristolainen is showing an advanced offensive flair far earlier in his career. Positive regression is a thing and I'm buying low on Risto.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    that depends... where do you sit in the standings? if you're not competing this year... I'm taking Pettersson... he won't be offered after the WJC.
    I am competing. But I would trade the pick for some help and think I can get by without Ristolainen. Currently I have a comfortable lead. If injuries arose I wouldn't have much depth on defence though. But like you said Pettersson probably won't be available after the world juniors.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ristolainen has 2 40 point + seasons under his belt at the NHL level on a crappy team. Imagine what he could become if his team improves/he's traded.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like he has the tools to be one of the most valuable fantasy hockey dmen in hockey through his time in the league, but he's being way too heavily leaned on by Buffalo.

If he was getting sheltered like some of the other d-men in the league like Sergachev and Gostisbehere I feel like he'd be a monster.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I feel like he has the tools to be one of the most valuable fantasy hockey dmen in hockey through his time in the league, but he's being way too heavily leaned on by Buffalo.

If he was getting sheltered like some of the other d-men in the league like Sergachev and Gostisbehere I feel like he'd be a monster.
    I agree with Bondon for the most part. I don't think he requires to be sheltered to be a beast though. I just think it's Housley's new system that is holding this team back. I really liked it when he came in and thought he would be good for the Sabres but it appears that is not the case to this point. Buffalo in general is sucking and Risto is no different at this point. He's not someone I am looking to move in a keeper league though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

I agree with Bondon for the most part. I don't think he requires to be sheltered to be a beast though. I just think it's Housley's new system that is holding this team back. I really liked it when he came in and thought he would be good for the Sabres but it appears that is not the case to this point. Buffalo in general is sucking and Risto is no different at this point. He's not someone I am looking to move in a keeper league though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Reading these posts helps put a little more faith in him and that he will turn it around.

I've been shopping him around in my points only league for similar point producing guys and no one is biting. Even in package deals, they see him, and say NO!

I'll stand pat for now.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Reading these posts helps put a little more faith in him and that he will turn it around.

I've been shopping him around in my points only league for similar point producing guys and no one is biting. Even in package deals, they see him, and say NO!

I'll stand pat for now.
    you'll likely be glad they didn't - long term

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post

I'll stand pat for now.
    Man, I wish he was getting shopped in the league in which I'm rebuilding. I think in that league the last time I tried to get him, his GM (who also has OEL) said he's just benching him and hoping for a rebound next year. The talent is there for sure, as is the opportunity. Buffalo just can't put two solid periods together right now to save them.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Veteran

Now is the worst time to trade away Rasmus. Plus, you are competing and don't have that much depth on D. I'm saying be patient my friend!
    Devils & Predators fan