Thread: Is Eichel going to turn this ?disinterested? phase around?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is Eichel going to turn this ?disinterested? phase around?

Advice on what to do with Eichel.. plan on keeping him for years to come in hopes that he lives up to his potential and that maybe buffalo will get him some more talent to play with.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Is Eichel going to turn this ?disinterested? phase around?

Stick with your plan.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's still going to get some points, just not the point-per-game pace a lot of people were probably expecting. He doesn't have much help in the Buffalo lineup and it could only get worse if they have a fire sale and trade away guys like Kane, which is very possible.

He'll still get around 60-65pts this year but his potential ceiling is much higher.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    He's still going to get some points, just not the point-per-game pace a lot of people were probably expecting. He doesn't have much help in the Buffalo lineup and it could only get worse if they have a fire sale and trade away guys like Kane, which is very possible.

He'll still get around 60-65pts this year but his potential ceiling is much higher.
    it's funny, before the year started everyone looked at Buffalo and thought.. man - playoffs - so many weapons in that top six. It's really only ever been Kane and Eichel. At 20 though. You can't play like a cry-baby. You have to play harder. Otherwise how can your team attract UFA's? I mean, he's not making himself out to be a very attractive free agent landing spot for Buffalo when it appears he gives up when things get tough.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

“Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's funny, before the year started everyone looked at Buffalo and thought.. man - playoffs - so many weapons in that top six. It's really only ever been Kane and Eichel. At 20 though. You can't play like a cry-baby. You have to play harder. Otherwise how can your team attract UFA's? I mean, he's not making himself out to be a very attractive free agent landing spot for Buffalo when it appears he gives up when things get tough.
    I was expecting better for sure. Guys like Reinhart and Risto are underperforming too.

Eichel tries to say the right things by calling himself out in the media and whatnot, but he's done it enough times already this season that it's kind of lost meaning. He's got to actually make something happen on the ice rather then just talking about it.

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

I was expecting better for sure. Guys like Reinhart and Risto are underperforming too.

Eichel tries to say the right things by calling himself out in the media and whatnot, but he's done it enough times already this season that it's kind of lost meaning. He's got to actually make something happen on the ice rather then just talking about it.
    I can't say I'm disappointed. I actually enjoy that they suck. I am not a fan of Buffalo period. and kinda hope they stay in the tank. At least they're saving room for Ott.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can't say I'm disappointed. I actually enjoy that they suck. I am not a fan of Buffalo period. and kinda hope they stay in the tank. At least they're saving room for Ott.
    I'm a Leafs fan too so yeah, good riddance. I did own Eichel though and traded him in a deal for Laine a few weeks ago. I feel better about that trade all the time.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm a Leafs fan too so yeah, good riddance. I did own Eichel though and traded him in a deal for Laine a few weeks ago. I feel better about that trade all the time.
    solid deal... by the time eichel reaches his potential, you may have forgotten you traded him for laine... so if there is any residual sting.. you'll never know.

Dobber Sports Padawan

solid deal... by the time eichel reaches his potential, you may have forgotten you traded him for laine... so if there is any residual sting.. you'll never know.
    From a positional standpoint, the way I see it a center is generally easier to replace than an elite winger with Kucherov-like upside, so even if Eichel outpoints him a little bit in the future I'd still rather have the winger locked up. Good centers get traded in my league fairly often while the wingers are coveted more.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

From a positional standpoint, the way I see it a center is generally easier to replace than an elite winger with Kucherov-like upside, so even if Eichel outpoints him a little bit in the future I'd still rather have the winger locked up. Good centers get traded in my league fairly often while the wingers are coveted more.
    I just pulled the trigger on a deal that moved Eichel for Kopitar + Barzal.
    Like a lot of others,I wanted to hold on to him for the future, but need an extra couple of pieces to help me win now. Hopefully by getting a veteran and “prospect” they will combine to make it a good deal for my team moving forward.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

The Great One

Im a huge Kane fan (read any of like 4 different threads for evidence ) - but I dont think hes helping Eichel. Between Kanes selfish play style and Buffalos struggle I really think Eichels due for a legitmate "fully down" year.

That does not have any bearing on his long term upside which is absolutely and inarguably dominant - if you can sweat out this year- stick to your plan. He will be a monster in years to come and honestly with a player of this calliber I could be eating my words in a week or two because they have the propensity to absolutely destroy the league. This year should not affect your long term plans on Eichel. Ive been sending buy low offers til the cows come home on him an no on will budge- with good reason.

If youre an owner- Im not sure this year gets much better (but again- he could make me look silly and go on a rampage with his skill level)- but I would not alter my long term plans with him one iots.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You can't cut bait on Eichel. That would be pure insanity at this point. I'd kill to have him on my roster for the next decade.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't give up on him now, but I'd temper expectations. I've watched quite a few Sabres games, and I think the kid is over-rated. The roster is bad, but Evander Kane has managed to be very productive/consistent, and has been the much better player all season - that's not a good look for Eichel.

Dobber Sports Sage

On the bright side, he doubled his power play production tonight.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):