Thread: Help build a blockbuster!!!

The Great One

Default Help build a blockbuster!!!

Ok so- cap leagues are a bit new to me and Im interested in constructing a trade that is fair and helps both parties- not looking to rape and/or pillage.

The premise:

- Id like to swap Weber for Hamilton for cap reasons. His cap is a problem (naturally) so the other gm wants to include a similar swap for forwards...
    - My Ziba for his Kopitar. Im ok with this- mostly because I like Kopitar- but Im well aware that his dollar/point ratio is ugly- even with his increased production this season. Ziba is productive and at a reasonable term for the next 17 (ok 5) seasons. im hoping the discrepancy in value here will let me acquire my actual main target whoa always has been...
    - Aho. We had floated around the idea of Gourde (hes a steal in our format)- with my top prospects like Sikura, Tarasov, maybe even Gadjovich and possibly picks as well (although Im decimated until 2020 lol!!)

So the total deal becomes roughly:

Kopitar/Aho/Hamilton
    for
    Weber/Zibanejad/Gourde and extras

Hes managed to slide into last place (I just checked as i was writing this and actually surprised because I like his team on paper a lot)- so picks prospects and shedding Kopis salary help a lot. Theoretically he can absorb Webers cap and maybe even flip him by the deadline because despite the cap anchorage- Weber is actually vpretty damn valuable in our format as per HPG ranking.

So team and league in sig. Im right up against the cap. the savings from Weber get me just about halfway there i think so i need:

- To find a way to get a deal in place that keeps me under the cap

AND

- Is enticing enough for the other GM to accept- Im actually looking for a pretty fair trade with the idea that giving value for Kopitar and futures for his rebuild are enough to offset parting with Hamilton/Aho.

Anyways- i could use some help!!!

The Great One

Default Re: Help build a blockbuster!!!

My proposal:

So the gist of it is-

Kopitar/Hamilton/Aho
    for
    Zibanejad/Kreider/Weber/Pick-prospect bundle
    * The pick prospect bundle I suggested was like 2 solid propsects hes expressed interest in- maybe Sikura/Tarasov and a decen pick 3rd in 2020.

My logic:

- Webers a solid asset but hios contract is an anchor- so after the Weber/Hamilton swap I figure I would OWE value in this deal.
    - Then theres the Kopitar/Ziba swap. I think Ziba is the prize here- hes a 1a center signed to a wicked contract for the next 5 years. Im competing this year so a white hot Kopitar wont hurt but Im well aware Im taking on a burden at 10 million for him.
    - So after that I think I have a little edge in value which Id use to parlay Kreider and a pick/prospect package into Aho. This is basically the biggest room for debate, the most contentious element of the deal AND also the most important. In fact we got to this point in negotiations because Im a HUGE Aho fan and Im trying tok do anything to get him on my roster- lmao! So he needs to be included somehow.

The caphits balance out on my end- and hes re-building so Im pretty sure hes way under.

Thopughts??

Im horrible at cap and dynasty trades. Im hoping this is fair. If this is skewed in his favor or mine Id like to know so I can balance it out (and the sad part is Im not even sure which way it might be skewed right now :P ). In any case hopefully its fair and a reasonable offer to put out. Would love to hear from the cap gurus...