Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How fast can you type?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: How fast can you type?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That is the type of typewriters we were using back then too. The old clickity click typewriters. Our teacher was an old school bat who'd walk around with a wooden ruler and she'd whack your hands if she came up behind you and saw you looking down at your fingers while you typed. True story.
    When I learned to type in High School (graduated 1966) our Manual typewriters didn’t have the letters on the keys, forcing you to learn to “touch-type”. One of the most valuable skills I have ever learned...who knew at the time.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Genius

67 but I was eating a bagel. I was shooting for a 69
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

79 to 81 for the three tries I did.

First two times I corrected any errors. Last time I just kind of went. Seems like it may add in some kind of correction factor for any mistakes you didn't correct cause all mine grouped pretty close.

I can't type that fast normally though, that's only if I'm mindlessly reading off a template. I'm used to technical writing, so I'm thinking it out as I go and am nowhere close to that pace. It's a helpful skill though regardless. Fun to just let the fingers fly every once in a while.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Heading into the test, I would have said 65 wpm. Two tests, 62 and 64 wpm. Meh, I thought I'd do better.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I remember when I was a kid and trying out them old type writers. Had to push hard and you had to make sure you didn't misspell any words lol. Been practicing these past few days and I bottom out at 78 words a minute, 85 most of the time, top out at 90 words a minute.

Dobber Sports Sage

First try 469 CPM that is 94 word per minute beats or equals 97.52% - I made about 6 errors that I had to backspace for.

Tried it six times and got to 95 wpm. I can't seem to do it without a few errors and of course given my competitive nature I needed to crack 100...

7th try got to 97 wpm. Still made some errors. About 12 tries later and I couldn't beat 97.

My eyes hurt and it's late but you can be sure I'll be back tomorrow. Why did I click on this...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Pretty fast, I would say something on the order of 65 more or less
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Sage

Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Congrats MZac! I hope you took your two minute advised break afterwards ... or 2 minute penalty for typing too fast. Man I hope I can get that fast one day, I keep topping out at 90 wpm.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Your score: 516 CPM (that is 103 WPM)
    Your score beats or equals 98.89% of all.
    In reality, you typed 540 CPM, but you made 4 mistakes (out of 98 words), which were not counted in the corrected scores.

Not sure if I should be proud of that test, or disappointed that it reminds me I spend most of my day typing.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Your score: 516 CPM (that is 103 WPM)
    Your score beats or equals 98.89% of all.
    In reality, you typed 540 CPM, but you made 4 mistakes (out of 98 words), which were not counted in the corrected scores.

Not sure if I should be proud of that test, or disappointed that it reminds me I spend most of my day typing.
    I would be bragging if I could type that fast lol. I spend 99% of my day on my computer .... I've ruined 2 laptops in the past 2 years since I have them running 23~ hours a day. I should just get a PC.

Dobber Sports Monster

You think I could hit 100 words per minute, just once? ONCE? No!, I got 99 words per minute twice. One of them I got one wrong and the other I had two wrong. So if I just typed them correctly I would have gotten 100 words per minute. Driving me nuts. I'll rest for 3-5 minutes sometimes and I keep topping out around 92-99 WPM. I will not be happy until I hit 100 ... lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I would be bragging if I could type that fast lol. I spend 99% of my day on my computer .... I've ruined 2 laptops in the past 2 years since I have them running 23~ hours a day. I should just get a PC.
    Or you can just buy external keyboards and plug them into your laptop.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

YES! I finally did it.

typing100.png

Unfortunately I probably type 15,000+ words a day maybe?
    Tried it twice, restarted a couple time after a bad start lol

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg