Thread: WW Scoring Help

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default WW Scoring Help

In 2nd (19 pts. back) and need help with G, A, PPP and GAA, SV%.
    According to FHG the following are the best for the cats I need on the WW.

Galchenyuk
    Domi
    Debrincat
    Fiala
    C. Smith
    Vanek
    Steen

Are any of them a significant upgrade for my team. Just want to make sure i?m not missing someone. I may need to try to engineer a trade (something I am not very good at).
    Thanks
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: WW Scoring Help

Debrincat..........I would grab him asap.

Not quite sure who I would drop. How is Skinner, Connor and Staal ranking in your league?
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Debrincat..........I would grab him asap.

Not quite sure who I would drop. How is Skinner, Connor and Staal ranking in your league?
    Skinner
    Connor
    Staal

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by parky777 View Post
    Skinner
    Connor
    Staal
    Then I think i would drop Staal for Debrincat. Personally. Is Debrincat outranking any of them? I think he should be in your league, but I'm not certain.

All though Connor might be the one you want to replace only because Staal gives you HITS. And neither of Debrincat or Connor will. I just think both Connor and Debrincat will probably outscore Staal sooner or later.

Also, I know this isn't a perfect science. But I usually go with the guys that have the highest ranks in my league. Like if Staal is far outranking Debrincat. Then I would stick with Staal. If Debrincat is outranking Connor, I would go with Debrincat. Galchenyuk worries me too much. Also, if they are close in ranking, then I would go with the guy you think will have the best ROS. But if any of these guys are FAR outranking the others in your format, they are probably worth keeping.

For instance in my league, with FW and HITS, dropping Staal wouldn't make sense. He's ranked like 56th overall in our league. Which means, he is overall helping his owner way more than Connor or Debrincat who are both ranked much lower.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Then I think i would drop Staal for Debrincat. Personally. Is Debrincat outranking any of them? I think he should be in your league, but I'm not certain.
    He outranks Staal, but only by 3 FHG points. Staal’s SOG & BK’s are higher, but those are two cats where I am 1st & 2nd. What do you think Debrincat will do ROS?
    Will he stay on 1st line & PP?

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Ace

He outranks Staal, but only by 3 FHG points. Staal’s SOG & BK’s are higher, but those are two cats where I am 1st & 2nd. What do you think Debrincat will do ROS?
    Will he stay on 1st line & PP?
    I think he should. And he has been one of their best players so far. However, there is a coaching problem in Chicago. It's been nearly impossible to tell what they will do with their players. Which means even if Debrincat has been on fire all season, their coach may decide to drop him for whatever reason. At least with Staal you are guaranteed the minutes I think.

But I would expect Debrincat to get quite a bit more goals than Staal.

I would also factor in how far ahead in Hits and Blocks you are than the next 3 teams. If losing Staal would give them a chance of overtaking you, then I probably wouldn't do it.

For this season though, I probably do like Debrincat more than Connor at least. Are any of these guys going to be keepers for you? Probably not. So if you aren't keeping Connor, then I think he's droppable. I don't expect Connor to hit his peak for another few seasons at least.

I don't think Domi and Galch are going to give you as many goals as Debrincat either. All though Domi will likely have more points overall because of assists. I'm actually leaning more towards dropping Connor either way. I just think he helps you the least this season, looking at the cats and his production.

But yea if you need goals, I think Debrincat is the best goal scorer on that list. If you would rather try for the assist category, you might want to consider Domi who will probably get more PPP than the rest too when all is said and done. It's not an easy choice.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

I think he should. And he has been one of their best players so far. However, there is a coaching problem in Chicago. It's been nearly impossible to tell what they will do with their players. Which means even if Debrincat has been on fire all season, their coach may decide to drop him for whatever reason. At least with Staal you are guaranteed the minutes I think.

But I would expect Debrincat to get quite a bit more goals than Staal.

I would also factor in how far ahead in Hits and Blocks you are than the next 3 teams. If losing Staal would give them a chance of overtaking you, then I probably wouldn't do it.

For this season though, I probably do like Debrincat more than Connor at least. Are any of these guys going to be keepers for you? Probably not. So if you aren't keeping Connor, then I think he's droppable. I don't expect Connor to hit his peak for another few seasons at least.

I don't think Domi and Galch are going to give you as many goals as Debrincat either. All though Domi will likely have more points overall because of assists.

But yea if you need goals, I think Debrincat is the best goal scorer on that list.
    Good analysis. I am in no danger of being caught on HITS, but BKS am close...since I need both G & A I will drill down on Debrincat & Domi...Thanks again

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Ace

Good analysis. I am in no danger of being caught on HITS, but BKS am close...since I need both G & A I will drill down on Debrincat & Domi...Thanks again
    You're welcome. And last thing really, in your league I don't think depth will ever be a real problem. There should always be guys on the WW available to help you out in whatever way. That means my main goal would be maximizing each individual roster position.

So for instance, if your output is spread out, meaning you have guys that are helping you in goals and assists and other guys helping you in Blocks, Hits and whatever, I would attempt to trim down through trade and then perhaps add off the WW.

So if you have a guy like Skinner, who will help you more in Goals, maybe PP , maybe assists etc... you have to make up what he lacks in other categories with another player. So I think what would be most beneficial is to get as many well rounded players as possible. Meaning guys who will perform in ALL or as many categories as possible.

I don't know what trade values are in your league. But I would be fishing and throwing out 2 or 3 for 1 deals to as many teams as possible to get you a guy that is an ALL category performer. Just from looking at your players I would say Skinner, Buchnevich and Connor are the most specialized players in your squad. They all help with Goals, maybe assists and PP but not Hits, PIM and Blocks. So if there is anyway you could package like Skinner and Buch or Skinner and Connor or something like that, for a guy who will give you similar G/A/PPP output, but also bring H/PIM/B, that would be my main focus. You want as many guys on your squad like Guentz, Kreider and Trocheck as possible. You wouldn't want to take a drastic hit in G/A/PPP though.

So yea, if that makes sense. I think that would be my main focus at the moment. And since it doesn't look like you have side specific roster positions (LW/RW/C) and just general Forward spots, it leaves you with more room to play with. You preferably want as many ALL category producers as possible. And those are the 3, Skinner, Buch and Connor I think I would be trying to package. Or maybe adding an Edler, Lindel type to get a high scoring D-man that would also bring H/B/PIM.

In general though, I'm sure you understand. Just maximize each possible roster spot with players that contribute in as many Cats as possible. So I would see if maybe Skinner and Edler or Lindell could get you a Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton or someone like that. Pietrangelo probably out of range. But I think you get my drift.

If you upgraded in that way, you can then add guys like Debrincat or Domi and overall you would be gaining across the board.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.