Thread: Which dman/dmen to trade?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which dman/dmen to trade?

Hi all,
    It's been a while since I posted anything, been really busy lately.
    I have a ton of really good defencemen, and could use some help on the wing (also very strong at center and in net). Here are my dmen:
    Hedman
    Carlson
    Pietrangelo
    S.Jones
    Ristolainen
    Montour
    McAvoy
    Provorov
    Hanifin

It's a multi-cat dynasty, and it's very deep, although I'm carrying 9 dmen on my main roster right now, when we only start 6 per night (so on nights when many teams play, I'm usually benching someone who is playing).
    Which of these guys should I even think of trading? All of them are great in our league settings (which give a ton of weight to players who score and get lots of blocks).
    I don't really wanna trade my entry level guys, as they cost virtually nothing towards the cap (and if I trade a higher salary player, I can acquire another higher salary winger). I'm guessing the majority will say to trade Seth Jones, but I feel like he's no where near his potential. I really like Carlson, but not sure what his next contract will look like and if I'll want to keep him (considering he's much older than the other guys).
    I like to contend, but I always like to stay young... I never trade away the future even when I'm going for it all (back to back champ).
    Or are all these guys worth holding onto? They're all studs.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Which dman/dmen to trade?

this is one of those things where you put up all of them and see who bites and for what. they are so even that it comes down to where you can get the most from.

keep your entry level if that helps but the others put them all up and see who bites the biggest on their man crushes!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As newper said, I think you say that you are looking to move a defenseman for a forward, and put the top 5 names from your list out there and see what happens. Carlson might be a good trade with his situation most in flux, but he may not get a great return.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I just moved Carlson for huberdeau and am very happy with it. I'd start with Carlson.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

depending on if you can cash in on his hot start to the season I'd shop Pietrangelo, only sell him if you can get someone to overpay
    Carlson is another option who I'd move
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Jedi

for me it's Ristolainen. likely give you the biggest bang for your buck & with provorov covering all his periphs = you won't miss him
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4