Thread: E. Kane Offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default E. Kane Offer

I've been offered Palat/Fleury for my E. Kane. Not really sold on Vegas and Fleury's past health issues. I am in 1st place even with my horrible goaltending numbers W - 3.5, GAA - 3 and SV% - 1. With Talbot hurt I've been going with Darling and Helly. His other goalies are Bobrovsky and Andersen. Been thinking of offering Kane straight up for Bobrovsky. What do you guys think?
    10 Team Weekly Roto Keeper League (keep 5)
    G, A, SOG, + -, PIM, Hit, PPP, SHP, BLKS, W, GAA, SV %
    Start (2) C, LW, RW , (2) G, (4) D and (1) UTIL

C - Seguin, Trocheck C, RW, Backstrom, Couture, R. Strome
    LW - Pastrnak LW, RW, E. Kane,
    RW - Ovechkin LW, RW, Wheeler, Kassian
    D - Karlsson, Trouba, Pietrangelo, Yandle, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    G - Hellebuyck, Halak, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: E. Kane Offer

I don't like the offer. Kane has been elite with your settings this season. I like the counter for Bob and if he's not willing to pay just ride Kane during his contract year and enjoy first place.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't be so quick to sell Vegas short. They are a hard working team and winning with goaltending of a lower quality then Fleury will offer and Palat is no slouch himself.

That being said, obviously Bobrovsky is the guy you'd want. You can ask, but it's doubtful he will make that move. EKane isn't THAT good that he's worth Bobrovsky straight up but you'll never know if you don't ask.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to sell Vegas short. They are a hard working team and winning with goaltending of a lower quality then Fleury will offer and Palat is no slouch himself.

That being said, obviously Bobrovsky is the guy you'd want. You can ask, but it's doubtful he will make that move. EKane isn't THAT good that he's worth Bobrovsky straight up but you'll never know if you don't ask.
    See I disagree. If you are competing- I find the idea of trading E Kane almost unthinkable because everyone thinks they have him figured out. Hes just putting on a show in his contract year.

1) Im not quite sure I buy that. Its an easy observation to make but Im not sure a player can just decide to be elite one year and then will quietly crawl back under a rock when he gets paid. Hes still a world class athlete with a competetive nature. I think hes not weell liked- and this is an easy narrative to paint. I dont think theres any real guarantee that its accurate though. Hes always had the talent and his underlying sogs/60, etc- always pointed towards an eventual breakout. This might be his new normal or maybe the higher end of his new normal- I dont see him slinking back into 40 point territory- just cannot see it.

2) he has zero trade value because of the above perception. Everyone thinks hes a hot potato and no one wants to get burned holding him- which means youll never get anything close to what hes producing- which for the record is...

3) Absolutely elite. With your cats- especially sogs and pims- hes a bonafide monster. I wouldnt be surprised if he was a top ten skater in your format- you should check HPG.

If you're going for the win- there is no reason to trade a top ten skater- especially when his percieved value means you'll likely be getting pennies on the dollar. I won Kane in all my leagues and would not consider trading him for less than a goalie Bob. Thats the exact range Id be looking for. Id likely never get it- lol- but that doesnt mean Im going to sell myself short. Last time I checked you win pools with stats- not public opinion about some guys snap chat account.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would keep Kane. I don't know if this is him breaking out permanently or not. Well, I sure hope it is. And it could be. We are finally starting to see the potential many touted. I'm inclined to ride Kane and see where this goes.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Holding tight for now. Trade wouldn't take affect until the following week since it takes 2 days to get approved by league. I have a few days to figure things out. Thanks,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I just hope he is gonna get traded to a better team but i would pass on that. Bob would be the option if..
    League settings:

Team 1: Yahoo 1 year Weekly H2H 10 teams G3, A2, PPP1, SHP2, SOG 0.15, Hit 0.2, Blk 0.3 - W3, GA-1, SV 0.15, SHO 3
    FWD: McDavid, Giroux, Marchessault, W Karlsson, M. Tkachuk, Skinner, Oshie, Pettersson, Svechnikov, Toffoli, E. Staal, Palat, Kapanen
    D: Burns, Rielly, Sergachev, Grzelcyk
    G: Andersen, Jones, Campbell
    IR+: Krug, Brown

Team 2: ESPN 1 year Weekly H2H 10 teams points only - (Autopick)
    FWD: Malkin, Bergeron, Schenn, Perron, Johansen, Pettersson, Fiala, Gourde, Kapanen, R. Smith, Meier, Lindholm, Palat
    D: Burns, Hedman, Byfuglien, Montour, Giordano, Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Rask, Campbell
    IR: Brown, Quick

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    See I disagree. If you are competing- I find the idea of trading E Kane almost unthinkable because everyone thinks they have him figured out. Hes just putting on a show in his contract year.

1) Im not quite sure I buy that. Its an easy observation to make but Im not sure a player can just decide to be elite one year and then will quietly crawl back under a rock when he gets paid. Hes still a world class athlete with a competetive nature. I think hes not weell liked- and this is an easy narrative to paint. I dont think theres any real guarantee that its accurate though. Hes always had the talent and his underlying sogs/60, etc- always pointed towards an eventual breakout. This might be his new normal or maybe the higher end of his new normal- I dont see him slinking back into 40 point territory- just cannot see it.

2) he has zero trade value because of the above perception. Everyone thinks hes a hot potato and no one wants to get burned holding him- which means youll never get anything close to what hes producing- which for the record is...

3) Absolutely elite. With your cats- especially sogs and pims- hes a bonafide monster. I wouldnt be surprised if he was a top ten skater in your format- you should check HPG.

If you're going for the win- there is no reason to trade a top ten skater- especially when his percieved value means you'll likely be getting pennies on the dollar. I won Kane in all my leagues and would not consider trading him for less than a goalie Bob. Thats the exact range Id be looking for. Id likely never get it- lol- but that doesnt mean Im going to sell myself short. Last time I checked you win pools with stats- not public opinion about some guys snap chat account.
    all of this. I think you'd be better off bundling Darling with a smaller piece forward for a bump in net. Or hold Darling & enjoy the 2nd half - call it a hunch, but his numbers will improve in the new calendar year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

Agree with this. And remember, Buffalo is not even scoring yet this season and the PP is abysmal. What happens when they finally start putting some pucks in the net?

As for future season, I agree the money is a motivating factor, but not the whole picture. Is it not also possible that the an older more mature Kane is taking the game a little more seriously? I own Kane in a league that is goal heavy and counts counts shots, and hits. He one of the top LW's in that league. Don't let him go for less than you would with any other elite LW'er. Just my two bits.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Grabnerbythepussee View Post
    I just hope he is gonna get traded to a better team but i would pass on that. Bob would be the option if..
    E. Kane has two forms of motivation. Contract year and get the hell out of the Buffalo!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Jedi

Kane was good last year two, lets not forget that... SOG monster every year, just always took really low % shots

Dobber Sports Stud

You've got some decent hitters so I wouldn't be worried about losing that from him, plus if you were to get Palat in return he'd make up some of the hits. Personally, I hate the PIM category in leagues for this very reason, Kane gets some, but one week you could face a guy who has Bergeron flip a lid and get 15 PIM's which costs you a week....regardless of my opinion on that, he's great for PIM's and SOG's and his production doesn't seem to be dropping off - you could sell him as 'elite' in your format.

That being said, If you had a stronger goalie it could help, however I don't like the deal as it is. I think Darling and Helleybuck are both better than a "drop".

If you want goalie help I would counter with Kane and one of those two for Palat and Bobrovsky ...I think that could be worth selling Kane.

Another offer could be if you could get a better offensive player than Palat and Andersen - he had a monster second half last year and is looking that way again.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Thanks a bunch guys. We're still going back and forth. There is another team I may explore. He is in last place and has Gibson, Smith and Dubby. I might be able to grab one of them without giving up Kane.

thanks again,

Dobber Sports Jedi

Duby could be a great value trade right now.. Min not playing the hottest - good buy low??