Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jamie Benn and the Stars suck

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Jamie Benn and the Stars suck

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I am getting frustrated with the hit on +/- I get because they are losing and pull the goalie and boom, Benn, Radulov and Klingberg are collectively -3, just like that. They should be winning more games and not have to pull the goalie every 2nd game, it seems. Overall, the team should be doing better.
    They probably lack depth. In fact, I have a hard time thinking of the members their 2nd to 4th line. They are also one of the few teams that I can't really think of many of their prospects outside of Heiskanen, Gurianov, Oettinger, Nichushkin, Honka and Dickinson. I'm sure they have some other good prospects. But the closest to the NHL seem to be Dickinson and Honka and they aren't really getting much play. Actually I think Dickinson is back in the AHL. But what that tells me is they aren't adding to their squad through the system very much, building depth and future players. Plus outside of maybe Heiskanen, Oettinger and Gurianov and maybe Nichuschkin, I don't have a lot of confidence their prospects will eventually become full time NHL players. All though I thought Dickinson could if he ever got the chance. But he had a health issue I think so maybe that's holding him back. Honka hasn't looked that great so far. I keep waiting for them to bring Gurianov up. But don't know if it's going to happen this season.

But really, when Jason Spezza at his age and current ability, Brett Ritchie and Janmark are your 2nd line, that doesn't scream winner.

I think pretty much ALL the scoring responsibility rests with that top line, on 3 players. I am not sure how successful a team like that can be. Or at least how consistent they can be. But that is also a benefit for fantasy purposes in their 1st line players. All 3 of Benn ,Seguin and Radulov should be consistent fantasy producers because of their lack of offensive depth.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think it might be time to stop saying Vegas if over-achieving. They kept winning without Subban or Fleury. I mean, keep improving their goaltending and man, you're looking at a bona-fide top 10 team. Multiple lines that can score. Really balanced team with a great coach. Their D is working as a unit - could use some improvements still.. but most teams can.

I pegged Benn for around 75pts before the season started. Basically, he's still on pace for that. they're just not coming in big bunches. so often a assist here, goal there doesn't look as sexy as 3pt nights
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think it might be time to stop saying Vegas if over-achieving. They kept winning without Subban or Fleury. I mean, keep improving their goaltending and man, you're looking at a bona-fide top 10 team. Multiple lines that can score. Really balanced team with a great coach. Their D is working as a unit - could use some improvements still.. but most teams can.

I pegged Benn for around 75pts before the season started. Basically, he's still on pace for that. they're just not coming in big bunches. so often a assist here, goal there doesn't look as sexy as 3pt nights
    And depending on the type of league you're in that can be a good thing. In a weekly matchup format like mine I would rather he trickles a steady stream of points than have one or two big games every couple of weeks. Consistency counts for a lot in that particular format.

And as for Vegas I agree, they are no joke. Fleury has just been reactivated from IR too so their goaltending is about to get another upgrade. At the start of the season I wasn't expecting any Vegas players to make an impact except maybe Neal, but clearly I was wrong. I grabbed Marchessault from the FA pool and he's been one of my best players!
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    And depending on the type of league you're in that can be a good thing. In a weekly matchup format like mine I would rather he trickles a steady stream of points than have one or two big games every couple of weeks. Consistency counts for a lot in that particular format.

And as for Vegas I agree, they are no joke. Fleury has just been reactivated from IR too so their goaltending is about to get another upgrade. At the start of the season I wasn't expecting any Vegas players to make an impact except maybe Neal, but clearly I was wrong. I grabbed Marchessault from the FA pool and he's been one of my best players!
    right? and where did W. Karlsson come from? I nabbed him, pt/gm since
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes, Vegas is good but they were playing the 2nd of back-to-back with a nobody goaltender that got sent down. The Stars just cannot win the games they should be winning. This is a big test coming up now - they have 4 games on the road next. Let's see how they do.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

There's that three point game for Benn I was talking about. He's now up to 29pts in 32 games. If he can stay healthy, he should end up in that 75-80pt range. Nothing sucky about that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

What seems to have turned the corner is Hitchcock spreading of offence. Last couple of games, Benn, Seguin and Radulov have been playing on different lines.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

What sucks is Ken Hitchcock, big time. Hate that fat bastard.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???