Thread: Stone vs Teraveinen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Stone vs Teraveinen

Who's better long term in a dynasty cap keeper league.

I'm guessing stone will make 5-7 mil a season next year and I'm stuck with cap problems.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Stone vs Teraveinen

Stone no doubt is the best player.. but yeah his salary will be at least 2m more than Tera
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Stone the most going forward and he's emerging as one of the most prominent forward of the Sens squad for the future. He also carries the better point production out of the two and its not that close in my opinion. Despite the lack of other infos to solve your cap issues, barring a good trade to save Stone's extra value over Teravainen, I would be looking to keep Stone over Teravainen.

The problem I have with Teravainen is also that the Hurricanes forward corps is quite underwhelming going forward in spite of Aho's arrival last year, so you're entirely reliant on Teravainen driving his own performance, which a bet I wouldn't want to make. Stone carries a good part of his own production, especially in goals.

We don't have all the info on your situation but this is my opinion regardless
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Deity

Cap certainly changes value. Stone is easily the better player but his next contract could make him less desirable.

If you cant afford Stone and can bear about 15-20 less points from Teravainen, then TT is your guy.

For future reference, it helps when you include the league setup (more info other than the fact its a cap league) in your post.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."