Thread: LW issues - Huberdeau v Ehlers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default LW issues - Huberdeau v Ehlers

Hi,

Background - i needed a third goalie, so i traded Huberdeau for Markstrom and Couturier. Next, I traded Couturier for a second - which will be high.

I've got three second round picks now, as well as a 1st. I'm lacking 3,4,5 rounds. I was considering moving a second pick to the initial team, and either reaquiring Huberdeau or perhaps acquiring Ehlers. I suspect i could deal my 2nd for Ehlers and a 3rd and a fourth coming back to me. Picks are valuable in this league.

Question is - do i bother? Right now, i'm doing well with Panarin and Giroux. I've got Dubois and Billy Karlsson whom i cycle into the LW slot. All four have C/LW eligibility Its going good now, but these things inevitably die off. Having three 2nd's to toss around prior to the deadline could see me acquiring a big fish.

Whats my move - stand pat and wait for a better opportunity or grab Ehlers with a 3rd and a 4th coming back?
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: LW issues - Huberdeau v Ehlers

I would stand pat... let your roster settle and see if you've got holes in Jan that need to be filled
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would stand pat... let your roster settle and see if you've got holes in Jan that need to be filled
    Thumbs up.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    Hi,

Background - i needed a third goalie, so i traded Huberdeau for Markstrom and Couturier. Next, I traded Couturier for a second - which will be high.

I've got three second round picks now, as well as a 1st. I'm lacking 3,4,5 rounds. I was considering moving a second pick to the initial team, and either reaquiring Huberdeau or perhaps acquiring Ehlers. I suspect i could deal my 2nd for Ehlers and a 3rd and a fourth coming back to me. Picks are valuable in this league.

Question is - do i bother? Right now, i'm doing well with Panarin and Giroux. I've got Dubois and Billy Karlsson whom i cycle into the LW slot. All four have C/LW eligibility Its going good now, but these things inevitably die off. Having three 2nd's to toss around prior to the deadline could see me acquiring a big fish.

Whats my move - stand pat and wait for a better opportunity or grab Ehlers with a 3rd and a 4th coming back?
    I like Huberdeau more than Ehlers. I also think if Huberdeau can be gotten "cheap" or at least at a lower price, it would have to be now. Later on this season into next I just think he will continue to establish himself as a legit PPG player. You don't really "need" him right now, but if you want him I think now might be the best time to buy. Can only see value going up from here.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    I like Huberdeau more than Ehlers. I also think if Huberdeau can be gotten "cheap" or at least at a lower price, it would have to be now. Later on this season into next I just think he will continue to establish himself as a legit PPG player. You don't really "need" him right now, but if you want him I think now might be the best time to buy. Can only see value going up from here.
    This is Huberdeau's 6th season in the NHL, and he has never reached 60 points. Ehlers got 64 in his 2nd season last year, and is on track to match that now.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    This is Huberdeau's 6th season in the NHL, and he has never reached 60 points. Ehlers got 64 in his 2nd season last year, and is on track to match that now.
    While that's true there are numerous factors into Huberdeau's not having reached 60. First and foremost he's missed a lot of time to injury. When he's healthy, his game avg are very high. He never really got to play with players of the like he gets to play with now. It took him time to get his career going. If you look at Huberdeau's improvements from year to year, I think it shows that he can be an elite offensive option.

This is the first year where he's healthy and playing with top talent. You can't look at his past and say he won't be a PPG player imo.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    I'm with you. For me I see Ehlers > Huberdeau.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Huberdeau more, especially if you have considerations for the present campaign. I would do the deal now since Huberdeau's value might not have peaked yet. If you wait, I think you should already consider that you could acquire Ehlers later but not Hubs.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Ehlers is the guy here. More upside, better mates and more talent.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I suspect Ehlers upside greater than most suspect. I watch a lot of Winnipeg games and this guy looks like a beast. Not getting full opportunity yet. He will eventually and I would not be surprised if he becomes a top 5 player in the league. IMO
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson