Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Giancarlo Stanton

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Giancarlo Stanton

So he used his veto powers to deny an agreed on three way deal early this week that would have seen him dealt to the Giants. Now it's being reported that the Yankees and the Marlins have a deal in place, awaiting Stanton's approval to get moved to the Yankees. As if the AL East needed another big bat. ugh!!

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/939492955676651525

Source: Giancarlo Stanton trade agreement is in place between #Yankees and #Marlins, but deal is still pending Stanton?s consent and Yankees approval of physical. @MLBNetwork @MLB
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Giancarlo Stanton

I read Yankees were one of the four teams he was willing to go to. Yanks, Dodgers, Cubs or Houston (man how times have changed in Houston!)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Apparently Starlin Castro is part of the deal going to the Marlins and the Yankees are taking $265M of the $295M owed to Stanton. Huge!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

The rich get richer. One of the biggest things I hate about the MLB.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

This sucks. A lot. And yes it makes me hate baseball because that former owner Loria just signed that deal, got out of town, and now this team literally just salary dumped a frigging MVP stud. For what?? Starlin Castro!? Cmon.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Yankees have done a great job of restocking their system and getting away from "buying" their championships (not that there is anything wrong with that; that's how most teams do it) but this move is certainly swinging them back to the old ways. Good for them that they can afford to do this but as a Jays fan, this stinks.

The trade itself is just bad. Considering you can get quality prospects for middle relievers, what the Marlins got in return for Stanton is just embarrassing. I get it, the Marlins will say it was a salary dump and that few teams were willing to take on that contract, but the fact that they simply got a good 2B (who I expect will be traded before long himself because he's due something like $24M next year) and a couple mid-level prospects is a sham.

Once again, I am embarrassed for the Marlins and their fans, if any of them are left now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Unfathomable how this is allowed to happen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Sucks because I like Stanton and like that he stuck to what was in his contract. He had a no trade clause so he's allowed to determine the suitors.....but man.....Im sure I'll hate him in a year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yankees are a fail if they don't win the WS now. Just like the Dodgers. The teams got legit too many OF now, how the Marlins didn't get Frazier from them is beyond me. The pitch to get frazier is easy. They could have tried to take Gardner or Ellsbury (I think Ellsbury has a NTC tho), and say "We'll take that 1 bad yr of a contract and gives us Frazier. Your OF will be Stanton-Hicks-Judge, you don't need Frazier".

That contract and they could still end up being the 2nd best team in the ALeast (B-Sox are looking at Schwarber now to make an arms race). Over 162 games, injuries could derail a whole teams yr.

Once the Yankees heard what was offered by the Giants and everyone else, they prolly just tossed a trade out and the Marlins were getting antsy to get the deal done and just took it. Also kinda unclassy what Stanton said about the Marlins, just take the high road buddy they could have just kept you buried on a bad team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think it's time to move the Marlins to a new city... period.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think it's time to move the Marlins to a new city... period.
    Its not a bad fanbase tho. The teams just always been bad so the fans dont show up. Look at Toronto, Jays didn't sell out games until fans knew the team was good. Even in 2015 when they were in the playoff hunt they weren't selling out, until after the Deadline and they got Price and Tulo.

You win, fans show up.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Its not a bad fanbase tho. The teams just always been bad so the fans dont show up. Look at Toronto, Jays didn't sell out games until fans knew the team was good. Even in 2015 when they were in the playoff hunt they weren't selling out, until after the Deadline and they got Price and Tulo.

You win, fans show up.
    how many different owners with no money to spend on this team though? You gotta think if they went to a larger market they wouldn't seem so destitute every year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

You win, fans show up.
    In baseball, this is the truth.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In baseball, this is the truth.
    Coyotes and Bettman keep saying this to themselves every night at bedtime too.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't know if the Yanks' pitching will hold up (I suspect not), but that sure is an impressive middle of the order.
    If I was running the Jays, I'd be scouring the league for ground ball pitchers who are available.
    If I was the Jays GM, I'd be reaching out to the Marlins and see who else they are peddling. Yelich would look fantasic in the OF for the Jays.