Thread: Help with Trade Offer

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Help with Trade Offer

I'm currently 3rd in my league. Weakest categories for me are my goalie categories, but they're only 2 out of 7 categories. But there are also virtually no decent goalies on the waiver wire either and my goalies have been brutal.

I've just been offered Bobrovsky for Seguin. Fair deal or not? Anyone else to offer off my roster instead? Hold on and hope my goalies improve? Options to fill in for Seguin include the following (or just move Aho from the bench:

C: teravainen, anisimov, j. staal, turris, toffoli, barzal
    LW: teravainen, fiala, niederetter, buchnevich, rantanen, rakell,
    12 Player League , 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D, 2G, 3 Bench. Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, Hits, Wins, SV%
    C: Lindholm, Couturier
    RW: Svechnikov (LW), Wilson,
    LW: Connor, Kreider (RW)
    D: Carlson, Nurse, Andersson, Fowler
    G: Saros, Petersen, Hart, Quick
    IR: Crosby (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Help with Trade Offer

Welcome to the forums. If goalies are hard to acquire, this is an excellent offer for Seguin IMO. Your signature doesn't say how many G you start (you mention all the skaters but not the G's).

What options are available to you to replace Seguin? From what I can see, you only have Aho on your bench but yet you are rostering four Gs. If it's me, and G's are as hard to acquire as you say, I'd be making this deal and then peddling Darling and/or Raanta and seeing what you can get for a better forward skater.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Listen to Axeman33 - he always has good advice and this is no exception. If you are going to pick up a FA skater, I'd have my eye on Barzal or Rakell. Moving Aho off the bench is a good move too. But I agree - this is not a bad offer in a league where goalies are hard to get. You are arguably getting the best one out there. And if Dubnyk and MIN find their game (sure hope so, as a Dubs owner), your goalie corps will rock.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Jedi

Agreed. Get Bob - top 5G this year.. again. I'd grab Barzal to replace Seguin... TT a distant 2nd choice, you'll lose goals, boost A's -- but man this kid is a stud.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry adjusted my signature - I start 2 G. I just have 4 because now I have 4 because I'm -12 in goalie games. If I do this trade, I will probably just dump Raanta on to the waiver wire. Barzal is interesting, but he's a rookie - not sure how much he can keep it up!
    12 Player League , 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D, 2G, 3 Bench. Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, Hits, Wins, SV%
    C: Lindholm, Couturier
    RW: Svechnikov (LW), Wilson,
    LW: Connor, Kreider (RW)
    D: Carlson, Nurse, Andersson, Fowler
    G: Saros, Petersen, Hart, Quick
    IR: Crosby (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It sounds like this is roto with a max games played. Where are you in the rankings for wins per game played?

Honestly, with your categories Darling & Raanta aren't helping much, if not outright hindering you. Perhaps you could add a goalie going back to get a skater coming back that helps you in some way.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.