Thread: Hellebuyck, Zibs, Klingberg vs Greiss, Pacioretty, Hedman

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hellebuyck, Zibs, Klingberg vs Greiss, Pacioretty, Hedman

12 team shallow H2H league (start 2/2/2/4/2) with G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocks, W, Sv%, Gaa, Shutouts

Team getting Helle needed goaltending badly, team giving Helle had goaltending as a strength.

Was vetoed. Probably for the name value of Patches/Hedman.

Which side would you want?
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

The Great One

Default Re: Hellebuyck, Zibs, Klingberg vs Greiss, Pacioretty, Hedman

Bad veto IMO. I actually see this trade as close to a toss up, particularly since it does seem Hedman's output last season won't be duplicated any time soon and Patches perhaps starting to decline.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree that a veto was not warranted here.

Hedman and Klingberg aren't all that far off, and Pacioretty and Zibs probably aren't that far apart either, while there's a larger difference between Hellebyuck and Greiss.

I probably want the Hellebyuck side here, but it's not "veto" far apart.

Dobber Sports Stud

Greiss is not playing enough to go on a run like he did a few years ago so his value seems really low, but it is not veto worthy since Greiss has the potential to go on a run with a Islanders team that is good but desperate for a goalie to go on a run for them since I'd say that's ther weakness ATM
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Unsure what side I'd want.

Sure I wouldn't be returning to that league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

No way it is vetoable. Commish should be ashamed.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

The Great One

Seems like a great trade to me. Goalie weak team gets Hellboy. Goalie rich team thinks he's buying low on Patches and Hedman. Each team is addressing an area of need. That's exactly why trades happen.

What kind of a veto system was this? League voting? Commissioner only? Something seems 'off' about this veto to me....like there is something else going on?

Dobber Sports Padawan

If it's Comosh veto only league, somehow, the Commish is getting hurt by this trade. I'd rather have the Helle side but it's close.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports All-Star

No veto. Ridiculous. I would quit that league if the commissioner veto's trades like this. I am not even sure which side I would want...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

That's silly. Was there a reason given why this trade was vetoed?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I didn't open this thread until now because I couldn't decide which side I'd rather have. Just based on that... how the hell does this get vetoed? ridonkulous
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No reason given for the veto. It's also a 1 year league - I just realized I put this in the wrong spot. my bad.

Team getting Patches and Hedman (me) has pulled off a couple trades that other people haven't liked. I'm also in first, barely, though the total stats indicate my team has been getting lucky matchups. I don't expect to stay in first as there's one other team that drafted is killing the cumulative stats (and is currently second).

The trades people didn't like (but which didn't get vetoed):
    1. 5 games in (before the Stamkos explosion) Forsberg + RyJo for Stamkos and Coyle.
    2. About a month ago: Couture + Kadri for Eichel + Bratt.

Bratt and Coyle were dropped immediately. The first one was a great trade for me as Stammer exploded. By the numbers, I'm losing the second one easily and will probably lose the trade all year. Kadri alone has outperformed Eichel. That said, I made the trade to boost H2H playoff GP, as Buffalo has a much better fantasy playoff schedule than TO.

The real shame of this is its a family and friends league. Started by my cousins so its a great way to stay in touch. (This is my first year in the league). Then my two brothers joined and now they're into it too (first league for them).

The trade that was the subject of this thread was one I proposed to my brother (who's getting killed in net) thinking I could help him out. Thought a long time about how to craft a fair trade as I spend a lot more time on fantasy hockey than he does. Didn't want him to feel ripped off, so sent the trade to a couple buddies not in the league for opinions. They were split on which side was better, so I sent it to my bro. The trade originally had Pietrangelo instead of Hedman. He thought Pietrangelo would outperform Hedman, and switched them. That was fine for me, and then boom, vetoed.

Anyhow, thanks for confirming my feelings about the trade. Guess we'll make the best of a partially broken league.

Cheers
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    No reason given for the veto. It's also a 1 year league - I just realized I put this in the wrong spot. my bad.

Team getting Patches and Hedman (me) has pulled off a couple trades that other people haven't liked. I'm also in first, barely, though the total stats indicate my team has been getting lucky matchups. I don't expect to stay in first as there's one other team that drafted is killing the cumulative stats (and is currently second).

The trades people didn't like (but which didn't get vetoed):
    1. 5 games in (before the Stamkos explosion) Forsberg + RyJo for Stamkos and Coyle.
    2. About a month ago: Couture + Kadri for Eichel + Bratt.

Bratt and Coyle were dropped immediately. The first one was a great trade for me as Stammer exploded. By the numbers, I'm losing the second one easily and will probably lose the trade all year. Kadri alone has outperformed Eichel. That said, I made the trade to boost H2H playoff GP, as Buffalo has a much better fantasy playoff schedule than TO.

The real shame of this is its a family and friends league. Started by my cousins so its a great way to stay in touch. (This is my first year in the league). Then my two brothers joined and now they're into it too (first league for them).

The trade that was the subject of this thread was one I proposed to my brother (who's getting killed in net) thinking I could help him out. Thought a long time about how to craft a fair trade as I spend a lot more time on fantasy hockey than he does. Didn't want him to feel ripped off, so sent the trade to a couple buddies not in the league for opinions. They were split on which side was better, so I sent it to my bro. The trade originally had Pietrangelo instead of Hedman. He thought Pietrangelo would outperform Hedman, and switched them. That was fine for me, and then boom, vetoed.

Anyhow, thanks for confirming my feelings about the trade. Guess we'll make the best of a partially broken league.

Cheers
    Well, it's a family & friends league, so I'd keep my mouth shut, and simply not return next year. I've done it before in leagues, once where my team name was retroactively changed by the commish. He didn't like my feelings on Roger Goodell, and no, there were no curses involved.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.