Thread: Zucker?

The Great One

Default Zucker?

Team and league in sig.

Been offered Zucker for my Gourde and Kempe (Id also get Kamenev for a late pick as well in the deal).

My issues:

1) Kempe and Gourde are not sexy names but they are getting it done this year AND they are budgy bird cheep, cheep, cheep. I dont like the low sogs and worry they might turn back into pumpkins but in a tight salary league (Ive got less than a million dollars wiggle room)- they have been solid enough.

2) Zuckers sogs are better (though still not as much as I like)- but hes only a few points ahead of each of them individually and the wheels have to fall off eventually dont they? Is he a 60ish point player with 25+ goals by seasons end? Thats nothing to shake a stick at.

3) Gourde/Kempe are bargain bin prices for the next two seasons wheras Zuckers likely getting a pretty substantial reason as early as next year. I dont have a lot of help coming down the pipelines in coming seasons so Im not sure adding another hefty-ish mid level contract for 2 ELCs is a great option for me.

On paper I want to press accept and get Zucker- but Im hesitant for these reasons. Thoughts?

Full deal:

Gourde/Kempe/5th in 19
    Zucker/Kamenev

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Zucker?

Zucker's super streaky... I'd roll the dice and keep the budgies around. at least one of them should come close to keeping pace to Zucker. If you did move them... who'd fill that spot? I'd counter just for Kamanev though. He's going to get a good opportunity in col.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4