Thread: Colin Miller in a dynasty league

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Colin Miller in a dynasty league

should I keep him, or try and sell now since he had a great start to the season? am I wrong thinking he could be a 40 point defense
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Colin Miller in a dynasty league

I'd throw 2-1 offers out there with him for the better player. But I get the feeling it's going to be hard to trade him. You might just be stuck with a low value 35pt dman
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I think hes been ok tbh. His sogs (2/game) are not horrible for a dman- and its not like this is totally out of the blue. I think he can flirt with 40 for sure. The downside is that- id imagine thats about what his long term upside is as well. Never had a HGUGE ceiling I dont think and Theo's going to be the man there in the long run. That being said I have him in a dynasty too and I think hes been a great pickup- especially at a cool mil.As long as his raise is reasonable- and youd have to imagine it will be- I think hes a fine own. If you can sell him to someone who thinks he has 1a upside then by all means go for it- but I dont imagine hes got that kind of trade value. If a 35-40 point dman with decent sogs helps your squad Id likely keep him. In fact I am- lol! Ive got offers for him and decided to keep him. I find most offers for him tend to be in the range of "Aw shucks I could have got this guy for dirt cheap- i wonder if ihis owner noticed hes not garbage anymore..."

Dobber Sports Expert

No PPPs in how many games?

After further thought I question his long term fantasy value with Theodore Branstrom and even Hague to some extent.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post

After further thought I question his long term fantasy value with Theodore Branstrom and even Hague to some extent.
    agreed, better pedigree coming. In the meantime, not a bad stop-gap while hunting for an upgrade
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont see any of the young kids (minus Theodore) coming in for a few years. Enjoy the ride until then. He's playing really well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post

see its funny- and feel free to call me a cock eyed optimist- but I see that as an area where theres room to grow. Hes got offensive chops thats never been a question with him- and no ppp to me- means theres an area he can pad his stats even more. im with Axe- Theo/Brannstrom are not going to totally usurp him in the short term. Theodores development probably helps him- and it would be pretty optimistic to pencil Brannstrom in as a minute munching pp threat as early as next year. not impossible- but Im not putting that one down in pen either...

Dobber Sports Stud

He has proven that he can produce in limited ice-time while in Boston, and has produced at a similar level as Seth Jones with less ice time while in Vegas.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Master

He is a 40 point dman in the making, but because of talent limitations and younger options becoming available in the near future, he won't ever be amongst the league's elite. Great depth guy, and I'm glad he is on my keeper roster right now as Byfuglien started so slow.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Administrator

If you can somehow turn him into a real 40-point dman then by all means go for it. Miller is good but so streaky his final number will likely suffer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If you can somehow turn him into a real 40-point dman then by all means go for it. Miller is good but so streaky his final number will likely suffer.
    Yea this ^^

Im hoping he can stabilize as a 35ish point dman (optimistic?)- but hes not there yet. if you can get a more proven guy then go for it for sure- hes an ok gamble right now (with 35ish point upside :P )