Thread: Murray vs Gibson

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Murray vs Gibson

Matt Murray (inj) or John Gibson (inj team). I have both in a 1 year pool, no bench, wins, starts, ot losses, shutouts, assists. Have 2 drops left. Do I drop one for Hellebuyck? If so, which?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Murray vs Gibson

oh wow... that's tough.. how the hell is a 15-3 goalie available? I prefer the upside of Pitt over Anh... so I'd probably lean towards dropping Gibson. but Helle is MUST ADD.

how is he available (figured It deserved asking twice)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

What does the rest of your roster look like? Is there anyone else you can drop and carry the 3 goalies?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd drop Gibson for Helle given the info. I dropped Lehner for him early this season and man was that a good move.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'd drop Gibson for Helle given the info. I dropped Lehner for him early this season and man was that a good move.
    I also dropped Lehner for Helly earlier in the season and it's been a life saver. Picking up Helly is a a must and I would imagine worthy of one of your moves. Gibson has lost 5 of his last 6. ugh. Even when they regain their leaders from injury, I personally am not high on ANA this year. Murray (I'm an owner as well) will hopefully be back within a few weeks here and will be the undisputed guy on a much better team. If I were you, I'd drop Gibson for Helly.

THAT SAID -- I see you're new here. Welcome! What we usually do is plug our team with players and settings into our signature so that people can get a sense of the whole. It's very possible, as someone else suggested, that if you can roll with 3 goalies, there may be a better drop from your team. We can't offer that kind of advice unless we see what you're working with. Anyhow. That's generally the best way to get the best answers around here. I've been here a long time and if you give people the right tools to help you, it can be a game changer.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Personally, I don't like Helle as much as the other two guys - Mason is always back there in the wings and Gibson and Murray don't have much in the way competition (yeah, even with Jarry playing well right now, still don't see him as a threat as much as Mason would be to Connor).

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    how the hell is a 15-3 goalie available?
    Flabbergasted
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"