Thread: Waiver claim for Faulk?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Waiver claim for Faulk?

Team in Signature.

Faulk was dropped and I'm wondering what dobber thinks about using my 9th (of 16th)waiver claim on him. I'm leaning towards no, in that he's been so bad he may clear waivers altogether and I can add him for Steen or Galchenyuk (both were pickups this week and totally expendable with 2 guys on ir, Steen had good man games this week and gal is intriguing recently).

I don't need the D but his upside is intriguing and he definitely shouldn't be a free agent in my league.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Waiver claim for Faulk?

in a start 3D.. the way he's played, I expect him to clear waivers. He'd by far be your worst Dman as it stands now... I'd pass and just watch in the interim. You could probably go through the other teams roster to see if he's a clear upgrade on anyone currently to get a better idea of the odds he clears. I like both Steen & chucky better than Faulk at the moment no matter how extendible they are. I'd consider holding Chucky as Mtl is heating up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    in a start 3D.. the way he's played, I expect him to clear waivers. He'd by far be your worst Dman as it stands now... I'd pass and just watch in the interim. You could probably go through the other teams roster to see if he's a clear upgrade on anyone currently to get a better idea of the odds he clears. I like both Steen & chucky better than Faulk at the moment no matter how extendible they are. I'd consider holding Chucky as Mtl is heating up
    Thanks Luca. Nice to get some reassurance as I'm thinking very similar.

Faulk is definitely an upgrade on at least 6 teams (I'm just not sure they no he's an upgrade). Steen would be my first drop as I picked up chuck after his 4 assist night and like the possible upside.

Not going to use a waiver claim and will reassess if he clears
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would prefer Faulk to Steen. Faulk has to start lighting the lamp sooner or later with his shot count. 15 plus goals last three years in a row and he is still putting up his regular shot totals and holding down PP #1. In a league like yours that weighs heavily on goals I think Faulk holds good value at the back end.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I would prefer Faulk to Steen. Faulk has to start lighting the lamp sooner or later with his shot count. 15 plus goals last three years in a row and he is still putting up his regular shot totals and holding down PP #1. In a league like yours that weighs heavily on goals I think Faulk holds good value at the back end.
    Steen would be my first drop. Added him on a hunch this week because the blues slowed down and he played 4 games.

Goals are kind of deceiving in my league. Most of the time assists are just as good. PPP are very important though.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I suspect you can get him after he slips through, but I'd grab him. Sometimes you just need to deal with "shouldn't be on the wire", but not get tempted. I have the hoarding defensemen issue as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

He cleared and I dumped Steen for him. Thanks all.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):